Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 gone in 2 months

Options
  • 29-09-2017 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi all,
    We lost my lovely father-in-law on the 17th March this year. 6 weeks later my dad died on the 4th May, then my Mam followed 13 days later on the 17th May.

We are still in shock, me and the hubby still absolutely lost.

I can't even explain how I feel. We just miss them so much. We have been to counselling but we realised there no quick fix for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Sympathies on your huge losses, i lost my mother and father with 3 days of each other in June 2016. My mother wasn't well but we hadn't expected our father to die so quickly - we took comfort from that fact that they are both together now and indeed alot of people said at the time that my mother waited for my father. We were able to bury them both together. Time does heal - remember the good memories and i personally talk to them both each day. Take 1 day at a time.

"God placed your hand in mine, now we will walk together forever"

Stay strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Sorry for your huge loss Carter12.

Hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I've never posted in this forum before.

My mam lost her uncle, his wife (who both lived with her when she was growing up and she was their bridesmaid) and a really good family friend in two weeks last year. My cousin died ( daughter of these) of breast cancer six months later. My uncle (actually my aunt's husband) died Friday last. My cousin had a still birth in January.

I was not that close to any of them, but I was looking for a letter in my Mam's bag yesterday (she asked me to look..I wasn't snooping) and I found a letter she had written to herself talking about how she had lost all her rocks. I didn't realise she was this upset. Any advice?

Advertisement