Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit account

Options
  • 29-09-2017 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hello 

I recently opened a personal account with BOI and set up a deposit account on 365. I get paid into another Irish account and plan to transfer money from that account to my new BOI C/A from where I will transfer money automatically into my deposit account. Is this possible? Is there an easier way of doing this? What charges (if any) will I incur? 

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Alerium wrote: »
    Hello 

I recently opened a personal account with BOI and set up a deposit account on 365. I get paid into another Irish account and plan to transfer money from that account to my new BOI C/A from where I will transfer money automatically into my deposit account. Is this possible? Is there an easier way of doing this? What charges (if any) will I incur? 

Thank you!
    Hi Alerium, thanks for getting in touch.

If you've opened a 365 online deposit account then you'd usually pay this through a direct debit coming directly from the Bank of Ireland current account? Can I check with you if it was a 365 monthly saver that you opened online?

Thanks, Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Alerium

If you've opened a 365 online deposit account then you'd usually pay this through a direct debit coming directly from the Bank of Ireland current account? Can I check with you if it was a 365 monthly saver that you opened online?

Thanks, Nicola

Hi Nicola

Yeah I opened the monthly saver account with 7 day notice period I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Alerium wrote: »

Thanks, Nicola

Hi Nicola

Yeah I opened the monthly saver account with 7 day notice period I believe.
    Thanks Alerium, these type of accounts can only be paid into by monthly direct debit which is usually set up at the time that you open the account.

There isn't an option to make transfers directly to the account from your current account but you can alter the amount that you pay by direct debit by sending us the details using the 'Ask a Question' option on the 365 online service desk.

You can save a minimum of €20 per month up to maximum €2,000 per month, there's more information on this type of account here.

Please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.
    Nicola

Thanks Alerium, these type of accounts can only be paid into by monthly direct debit which is usually set up at the time that you open the account.

There isn't an option to make transfers directly to the account from your current account but you can alter the amount that you pay by direct debit by sending us the details using the 'Ask a Question' option on the 365 online service desk.

You can save a minimum of €20 per month up to maximum €2,000 per month, there's more information on this type of account here.

Please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.
    Nicola

Hi Nicola

Thanks for your help. Is it possible to make ad hoc payments into the deposit account from the c/a? As in, whenever I want to transfer money into the deposit a/c?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Alerium,

The 365 Monthly Saver does not accept ad hoc transfers. The account accepts funds by monthly direct debit payment only.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Alerium,

The 365 Monthly Saver does not accept ad hoc transfers. The account accepts funds by monthly direct debit payment only.

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks Tara.

What 365 savings account can I open that accepts ad hoc transfers and monthly direct debit?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Alerium,

We don't have a regular savings account that provides a direct debit facility and the option to transfer ad hoc payments. We do have a Demand Deposit Account which you can open here. Although this account doesn't provide the direct debit option you could set up a standing order payment from your current account.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement