Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky no signal

Options
  • 29-09-2017 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

How's it going all. I'm based in Swords here. My sky HD box is saying no signal and the online troubleshooting isn't working. I tried ringing but the ridiculously long hold times mean I'm asking on here.

Is anyone in or around the Swords area having trouble with their sky tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

SwdDub wrote:

It's a satellite signal. Just because yours isn't working won't mean an outage in Swords. Most likely your dish is misaligned. We've had a few storms and it could easily have blown out of whack. If this is the case you'll need a sky engineer to call out

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

There have been localised outages before but thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

SwdDub wrote:

I think you will find that was upc, Virgin or any cable provider. Satellite can't have location outages.

Best bet is to try contacting sky in the morning. The early you ring the quicker they will answer the phone. They have a Sky reps section here on boards.ie but they won't answer your questions till Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

I've been with sky all along so no. I already know about the customer service numbers and online help. Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

I know it might sound obvious but make sure the cable at the back of TV is connected well into socket. Happened me before, got SKY out and felt like a right Gombeen when he told me that's all it was. Wonder if you can get any help by using your SKY remote go into information perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

SwdDub wrote: »

Not on Sky. Ever. It is not physically possible.

If the fault is not systemwide it is with your own kit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

How's it going all. I'm based in Swords here. My sky HD box is saying no signal and the online troubleshooting isn't working. I tried ringing but the ridiculously long hold times mean I'm asking on here.

It happened with my Sky box this morning and it's never happened before. I had a blue screen, it said No Signal and I couldn't even get the Signal Test screen up. Weird - and twenty minutes later it was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

It happened with my Sky box this morning and it's never happened before. I had a blue screen, it said No Signal and I couldn't even get the Signal Test screen up. Weird - and twenty minutes later it was grand.

Same here during the week and it failed to record some of my stuff. Came back after I plugged it out and back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How's it going all. I'm based in Swords here. My sky HD box is saying no signal and the online troubleshooting isn't working.
    What's the signal strength percentage in the setup menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I sometimes find that whenever there is a strong south to south east wind that the signal falters and breaks up. That happened the other day here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

cbreeze wrote: »
    I sometimes find that whenever there is a strong south to south east wind that the signal falters and breaks up. That happened the other day here.

Could be due to your dish oscillating in the wind at certain speeds and angles?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

L1011 wrote: »
    Not on Sky. Ever. It is not physically possible.

If the fault is not systemwide it is with your own kit.

Build a high enough structure close enough to the wall with the dish and it can be impacted but in essence I agree with your post.

Advertisement