Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainreaction and helmet prices / delivery / returns

Options
  • 29-09-2017 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ordered a lid from CRC via Parcel Motel (to pay in GBP) and managed to return it for free from the Republic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Surely the return location makes no difference? What's to say you moved country the day after receiving it? I'd say there's no problem with it as you simply enter the item number and your order number and print off the label.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

But the label may be for Royal Mail, not AnPost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

return via Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I doubt CRC would know it's coming from Ireland. PM will collect the item and label it up for CRC delivery if it's not already labelled by you. Then it's delivered to CRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

How you return the item is of no consequence.
    As long as it ends up back at the correct address for processing.

Your refund will be in the currency you paid for it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

It turns out that they would not reimburse the postage costs if I was to ship stuff back on my own.

However I can choose the shipping-from country before selecting the order to generate free AnPost label.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/customer-service/returning-an-item

Happy days :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've returned shoes delivered via parcel motel via normal post. Its expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

godtabh wrote: »
    I've returned shoes delivered via parcel motel via normal post. Its expensive

Why didn't you use the An Post free return option???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why didn't you use the An Post free return option???

Wasn't available at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Fireball XL5

Anybody know how long it takes them to process returns? I returned an item on 15th September through the An Post system and have not heard anything back as yet. Just wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Anybody know how long it takes them to process returns? I returned an item on 15th September through the An Post system and have not heard anything back as yet. Just wondering.

IIRC, I sent back a pair of 'impossible to fit' Mavic tyres last year and it took about two weeks for the refund to appear in my bank account.

Advertisement