Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Man City Premier League 17:30 BT Sport

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Absolute magic from De Bruyne but incredible move by City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

martyos121 wrote: »
    KDB is without question the best player in the league for me. Cracking goal, well deserved lead for City.
    Hands up here; I'm VERY biased.
    :D
    But I agree with you. In his position, there's no one better than him. He's playing a deeper role for us this season, so he won't get a whole heap of goals. Although that's two in two now. But his deliveries from crosses are something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Lovely. Hazard off, you know chelsea having a mare when he needs to go off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

City are the best team in this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

blueser wrote: »
    Hands up here; I'm VERY biased.
    :D
    But I agree with you. In his position, there's no one better than him. He's playing a deeper role for us this season, so he won't get a whole heap of goals. Although that's two in two now. But his deliveries from crosses are something else.

I'm biased the other way and it's not even close IMO. He's a joy to watch and the most complete player in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Bizarre why Batsh didn't come on to replace Morata, especially since they were still playing direct long balls but had no target man to play it at. Better now since he's been on.

• Chelsea missing Matic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

SlickRic wrote: »
    City are the best team in this league.

Probably but they'd want to be with the money they've spent. Look much more balanced than last season all the same.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Chelsea missing Matic

The worst deal they've been involved in since selling De Bruyne to Wolfsburg for a pittance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City have been very impressive today deserve their win.

You can see why City paid so much for Ederson now. Literally the perfect keeper for their system given the fact they'd never be able to sign Neuer.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    City have been very impressive today deserve their win.
    Don't go jinxing it on us; we haven't won it yet.
    :o

• martyos121 wrote: »
    The worst deal they've been involved in since selling De Bruyne to Wolfsburg for a pittance.

I will elaborate. Kante is running around all game but he's doing nothing productive

This might be an unpopular opinion but I think he's overrated and it's not just from today's game

He took alot of plaudits for Chelsea last season and Matic was written off, when in fact Matic and his contribution was completely underrated

I will elaborate. Kante is running around all game but he's doing nothing productive

This might be an unpopular opinion but I think he's overrated and it's not just from today's game

He took alot of plaudits for Chelsea last season and Matic was written off, when in fact Matic and his contribution was completely underrated

Agree that Matic was underrated (though he did have a couple of bad spells) but Kante has earned his plaudits IMO, he should've won POTY the season before that too with Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Superb performance by City today. Defo will be there or thereabouts next May.

• Advertisement

• martyos121 wrote: »
    Agree that Matic was underrated (though he did have a couple of bad spells) but Kante has earned his plaudits IMO, he should've won POTY the season before that too with Leicester.

I think he did have an excellent season for Leicester no doubt, but Drinkwater was underrated in his role that season too

Guardiola tapping up Christensen on the pitch there? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Very impressive by City. Dominating the champions on their home patch without Aguero, Kompany and Mendy. John Stones put in another clinic at centre half.

BT have a hard on for City

This game is actually fairly level par

They were battered from start to finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Conte was the very poor today, from the lineup to the subs

very very poor decisions

• Advertisement

No complaints really, we were very poor and with Morata going off we had no hope.

We were very clueless and Peps city were deserved winners.

KDB is seriously good player too, he was f**ked out too early by Jose, without giving him a proper chance but cant do nothing about that now.

The only bright side for me is that Christensen was very good again, the guy is class. Willian was utter w**k when he came on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Headshot wrote: »

very very poor decisions

I'd rarely be critical of him but have to agree.

They've had a murderous run of fixtures though and an all energy performance vs Atleti clearly took a lot out of them. They'll make up ground when other top sides face off in coming fixtures.

Faultless display from City though, actually surprised how commanding they were. Deserving favourites for the title based on that.

• They were battered from start to finish

Il hold my hands up and say yes, after half time they were dominating

Burial. wrote: »
    Very impressive by City. Dominating the champions on their home patch without Aguero, Kompany and Mendy. John Stones put in another clinic at centre half.
    Very accomplished. I said before the game that I'd take a draw, given the absentees you mentioned. But as it turned out, anything less than a win would have been a travesty. It's a big staement from us. to go away to the reigning champions, who won't be far away when the serious stuff starts happening around february/march time, is a fantastic result. And another clean sheet for our dodgy defence. 1 goal conceded in 7 games. Bloody Rooney!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

martyos121 wrote: »
    You can see why City paid so much for Ederson now. Literally the perfect keeper for their system given the fact they'd never be able to sign Neuer.

He looks good alright, kinda wish he stop coming out so far from his area though...

Headshot wrote: »

very very poor decisions

Ya, I'd have dropped Cahill and played Moses RWB, shift Azp back into the 3 CBs.

Willian for Morata was seriously strange and when Michy did come on he was useless.

The extra day rest ad no travelling helped City, we looked leggy after the performance in Madrid but at this level its not a good enough excuse.

It'll take some stopping City this year, theyve started well and they were missing some big players today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

As one sided a match as u cud see very impressed with that city performance

He looks good alright, kinda wish he stop coming out so far from his area though...

That's his job though, Pep loves a sweeper keeper and you can't really blame him given his results. This is the first year Pep has got to use the type of goalkeeper he loves, and look at City's goals condeded stat. Of course there are other factors at play like Stones coming good, but Ederson was a brilliant acquisition for them and gives the defenders confidence in getting forward a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Masala wrote: »
    Am worried with Pep using Delph in left back as a replacement for Mendy.....sticky plaster stuff!

Gonna take back that comment!!!

Delph was immense today.... played with such confidence. Could be a Dark Horse for City this year

Advertisement