Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need an alternative to EIR

Options
  • 30-09-2017 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I am only with EIR a few months and due to a number of screw ups on their part I am not in a contract - its a long story and the problem was all on EIRs side. My experience to date with EIR has been nothing short of shambolic - I don't know how they are still in business and I want to get away from them 

I have new e-fibre and I am rural - are there any other service providers that I can look at who can give me e-fibre on the EIR line I have to my house - speeds are fine at between 100/150 

My big problem with EIR is customer service - something the company is lacking in a monumental way - if EIR think I have the time to be waiting sometimes up to 30mins to actually speak to a human they are dramatically mistaken and I am not the only person to be complaining judging by what I am seeing on threads 

I need an alternative supplier that offers customer service - and I will switch today if I had the chance 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

eskerman wrote: »
    I am only with EIR a few months and due to a number of screw ups on their part I am not in a contract - its a long story and the problem was all on EIRs side. My experience to date with EIR has been nothing short of shambolic - I don't know how they are still in business and I want to get away from them 

I have new e-fibre and I am rural - are there any other service providers that I can look at who can give me e-fibre on the EIR line I have to my house - speeds are fine at between 100/150 

My big problem with EIR is customer service - something the company is lacking in a monumental way - if EIR think I have the time to be waiting sometimes up to 30mins to actually speak to a human they are dramatically mistaken and I am not the only person to be complaining judging by what I am seeing on threads 

I need an alternative supplier that offers customer service - and I will switch today if I had the chance 
    have you tried Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭eskerman

have you tried Vodafone?
    I have called Vodafone and Sky and both tell me they can't supply me with a broadband service on the back of an EIR e-fibre line - apparently EIR have it set up in such a way this is not possible which I find hard to believe - but then again EIR seems to be in such a mess they are all over the place

I would switch in a heartbeat to anybody as I am not in contract due to f-ups caused by EIR 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi eskerman,

Sorry to hear you're considering cancelling your services with us. If you would like to PM me your account number, full name and advise of the issues you're experiencing with your account, I'll be happy to look into them for you.

- Adam

Advertisement