Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would the Computer Science LC Subject be a requirement for CS in College

• 30-09-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

That would very terrible if so. My School definitely won't offer it and I'm not sure if a subject like Computer Science is self-teachable for the LC (I heard there is a project). I want to do CS in College.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭VG31

I highly doubt that it would be. For a start not many schools will likely offer the subject at first. I can't see where they are going to find people qualified and willing to teach it anytime soon.

Also the vast majority of accounting courses don't require you to have studied LC Accounting for example. Likewise, if you want to study history in college you don't need to have done LC History.

I can't see Computer Science in schools becoming a requirement to study CS at college level, definitely not for a long time at least until it becomes mainstream. I really wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

VG31 wrote: »
    I can't see Computer Science in schools becoming a requirement to study CS at college level, definitely not for a long time at least until it becomes mainstream.
    Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

All you need to check out is if your CS course requires a minimum grade in Maths eg TCD requires a H4

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Most science courses right now don't require you to have taken the relevant science subject at LC level. They are mostly ab initio except for some understanding of mathematics. Despite all three science subjects being available in majority of schools.

In light of that, I can't see colleges turning LC computer science into a requirement for CS courses just because it's taught in some schools.

Advertisement