Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Google Account

Options
  • 30-09-2017 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi if some one can assist or help or some legal solicitor
    i had developer who made website and my business goolge home page

he refused some stage to handover the website login details which i did get it back from domain resitration by proving that i own it

now issue is i cant get my google business page as he had his phone number as recovery

i wonder if its possible or some solicitor in dublin can take this case to bring in court

thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You'd be better off (at least initially) seeking a solution via Google.

This would probably be a sensible starting place

Google My Business -> Ownership Conflict
    https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ownership-Conflicts/bd-p/Ownership_Conflicts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This normally happens when people don’t pay their bills..........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

This normally happens when people don’t pay their bills..........

It's also quite common when a business farms out web/digital work to some of the less-scrupulous operators.

In the past this largely manifested itself by domain names/websites being held to ransom, this is just another variation on the theme.

Business owners just don't realise the importance of things like domain/account ownership until it bites them on the ass.

This will be of no help to the OP but may be useful for others....

Business owners should:

Register their own domain name, or make sure they're listed as the owner.
    Create their own accounts on services like Google, then grant access to the tech providers when required.
    If working with a relatively unknown hosting company, use a different registrar to register the domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nButt

hi thanks for the reply and for your time
    i had tried all way to contact google by trying even all their phone number and sending the issue via all their contact ways i could get
    seems one of worker who left seems had access my pc n changed details looks like i was out office n they access n changed some phone number n different mail which i no access

not sure if now any way it can be changed back to my business mobile

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

nButt wrote: »
    now issue is i cant get my google business page as he had his phone number as recovery

Can you not recover access by requesting the pin be sent to your address?

• Advertisement

hi thanks to reply i appreciate but that pin to request i need to login to that gmail account which is assigned to my business gmail page
    i think even i request pin i no way to login to that account so i can change our new address and change our new work phone
    its just so annoying that cant geton to google so they can verify details n give access back to us

once again appreciate for your help if u do find any way plz do let me know

kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

You can type in your business and when it appears in Google, you can select the Is this your Business? link - even if its already setup, see example for Brennans Bread.

Google will send you out a postcard with a pin number to access the page to the address.

If you don't have access to this postal address or even the possibility of collecting post from it as a previous tenant then theres nothing else you can do.

If you are thinking of going legal - the costs, time and stress associated etc you could probably solve everything by calling the guy and sorting it out over the phone

jEffjst.jpg

Hi thanks a lot for that and so nice of you i really appreciate
    i can get the post from last address the new tenant i can tell them
    but one help will be great
    i have tried to type my business name and i cant find OWN THIS BUSINESS so i can click
    i can see suggest this link but cant see Own this business possible if can get ur mail or some non used mail where i can give you my business name dont want to mention o board coz i know he is also on boards.ie my last post few months back he was also corresponding n was messing

many thanks again for all help

Advertisement