Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Lukaku Out Jesus In this week. Then Alli out Sane in next week

City is the place to be for October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Fellaini is an interesting one. 4.9 utd midfielder with a knack for getting a goal. Is he nailed on till Pogba returns?

Not any more. Off after 28 minutes last night. Out for 2-3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Probably Lukaku to Kane. Would be easier if Lukaku is rules out tbh

Not happy with a number of my team and have slid from 200k to 1.3m in recent weeks... need to resist a 20 point rage clear out though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

PVA wrote: »
    Probably Lukaku to Kane. Would be easier if Lukaku is rules out tbh

Not happy with a number of my team and have slid from 200k to 1.3m in recent weeks... need to resist a 20 point rage clear out though

I'll eat a hat of your choice if he doesn't play vs Liverpool away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wildcard activated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Fellaini will play next week V Liverpool I think.

In fact, I'm almost certain.

No certainty in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

ScummyMan wrote:

I'd eat mine as well but I've already committed to eating it in preseason when some poster in here suggested Ederson, the Man City goalkeeper, will get 5 assists this season :)

I think I'll be going hungry.

ScummyMan wrote: »

I'm partial to a sombrero myself but let's see what happens :)

As much as Lukaku has trolled me all season, I think without pens he's not worth £11.5m+, especially with the fixtures United having coming up. Rashford could prove to be much better value

It's all about City over the next few weeks anyway, I'm seriously considering bringing in Sterling/Silva for Mkhitaryan for a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm partial to a sombrero myself but let's see what happens :)

As much as Lukaku has trolled me all season, I think without pens he's not worth £11.5m+, especially with the fixtures United having coming up. Rashford could prove to be much better value

It's all about City over the next few weeks anyway, I'm seriously considering bringing in Sterling/Silva for Mkhitaryan for a -4

Sterling being rested against Lithuania makes me strongly thing Pep will start him and I'd be getting rid of Mhiky also.

But this may rely on Moratas fitness for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Have 2FT and going to do Firmino > Vardy

Also want a Man City mid and thinking either Salah or Mikhyryan to David Silva (or Sterling) but not sure who to axe or who to get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I'll be doing Lacazette > Kane & Mkhi > ??? max 7.4

Option A: Ramsey...nice fixtures, nailed on to start, but hasn't looked like scoring, being especially bad last night.
    Option B: Willian/Fabregas....I've no Chelsea players for two handy enough games. Morata/Kante injuries should increase their likelihood of gametime, but not nailed on either.

Option C: Richarlison....really want to get him in but with Arsenal, Chelsea next, maybe not the best timing.

Any thoughts?

mectavba wrote: »

Option A: Ramsey...nice fixtures, nailed on to start, but hasn't looked like scoring, being especially bad last night.
    Option B: Willian/Fabregas....I've no Chelsea players for two handy enough games. Morata/Kante injuries should increase their likelihood of gametime, but not nailed on either.

Option C: Richarlison....really want to get him in but with Arsenal, Chelsea next, maybe not the best timing.

Any thoughts?

I had similar money to get in a midfielder and there is very little available at that price bracket.

I narrowed it down to Antonio (who I went with) or Ramsey but in hindsight neither was a good option.

I’ve found the money needed to upgrade to Dilva.

In your shoes I would carry Mkhi for next two fixtures then look at bringing in Richarlison.

This would also leave you with money to upgrade elsewhere if you need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Richarlison is looking like a must have in a couple of games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Keeping an eye on Lanzini.

Burnley, Brighton, Watford, Palace and Leicester in 5 of their next 6.

Back from injury, only 6.8m, and you would think West Ham's attacking should improve by having him back fit.

What's the liklihood Sterling starts the next three City PL games? There's a bit of fixture congestion with the Champions League and League Cup last 16;

Sat 14th October -- Stoke (H)
    Tue 17th October -- Napoli (H)
    Sat 21st October -- Burnley (H)
    Tue 24th October -- Wolves (H)
    Sat 28th October -- West Brom (A)
    Wed 1st November -- Napoli (A)

He seem's more explosive than Silva but not as guaranteed of gametime... does Aguero's injury increase Sterlings chance of gametime? He's scored more goals than Jesus...

mectavba wrote: »

Any thoughts?

I had similar money to get in a midfielder and there is very little available at that price bracket.

I narrowed it down to Antonio (who I went with) or Ramsey but in hindsight neither was a good option.

I’ve found the money needed to upgrade to Dilva.

In your shoes I would carry Mkhi for next two fixtures then look at bringing in Richarlison.

This would also leave you with money to upgrade elsewhere if you need to.

Already have Silva...also need to downgrade Mkhi to afford Kane...

I'll be mulling this over til Friday I reckon, but tempted to chance Willian for 2 weeks, then look at Richarlison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

What's the liklihood Sterling starts the next three City PL games? There's a bit of fixture congestion with the Champions League and League Cup last 16;

He seem's more explosive than Silva but not as guaranteed of gametime... does Aguero's injury increase Sterlings chance of gametime? He's scored more goals than Jesus...

i would think he's a certain starter for his sheer speed, pep seems to be playing him through the middle and sane on the left,
    was tempted myself but just don't have the funds,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    wildcard activated

Didnt activate this at all in the end. Actually havent made a single transfer yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy lacazette anyway. I did and I'll be selling him as soon I can
    You could buy jesus and aguero could be back
    You could buy jesus and he could get injured

Wait .
    If last week taught anybody anything it's wait

Some amount of injuries over this break again
    Hope people took the advice and didn't go chasing .1s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Jesus played 90 minutes again last night may be over thinking it but I'm getting nervy about bringing him in as pep may do something a bit mad maybe sterling could be a better option

Saw that Jesus scored twice, but all that travelling can't be good...

Think I'll go with Sterling and pray he plays 60+ mins over the next 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yes I've a horrible feeling Sterling could start up front
    Having said that after first international break I think Jesus played both
    Aguero played one
    And aguero was rested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

What's people's thoughts on pedro? Is Willian a better option for a million less?
    Currently considering

Option A
    Lukaku --> vardy
    Ramsey --> sterling
    Groß --> pedro/Willian

Option B
    Lukaku --> vardy
    Ramsey --> sterling
    Salah --> hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

silly me played my free hit last game week now return to aguero, phil jones, matt richie injuries.

have jaysus and firmino up front.

Tempted to do aguero ==> hazard leaving me light up front with misfiring firmino

hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What's people's thoughts on pedro? Is Willian a better option for a million less?
    Currently considering

Option A
    Lukaku --> vardy
    Ramsey --> sterling
    Groß --> pedro/Willian

Option B
    Lukaku --> vardy
    Ramsey --> sterling
    Salah --> hazard

Im considering Pedro on wildcard . Awaiting morato news. Pedro much more reliable goalscorer than willian which will be important if morato is out for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any advice on what to do with Lacazette?

Brought him in last GW as part of a hit but regretting it now.

Can do Lacazette --> Jesus and Nyom --> Holding for a hit this week :confused:

Cartman78 wrote: »

I'm in a similar situation, brought him in for a hit last week. I'll be bringing Kane in this week either for Lukaku or Lacazette.

As much as Lukaku is trolling me all season with his late goals, United have a tough set of fixtures coming up and I can't see him getting double figures across the Spurs + Chelsea games. If he's not on pens it lessens his appeal even further. Lacazette is far from predictable but he should at least match Lukaku over the next few weeks if he gets enough gametime. Wenger doesn't seem to trust him much past 70 minutes.

Arsenal do have Belgrade in the Europa league, although I'm guessing they will be prioritising the league so they may have the least rotation concerns of the 'big teams' this season. Also, Lacazette didn't featured for France over the International break, was he even in the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

2 FTs. Firmino to Vardy will almost definitely be one. Just need to decide on Silva or Sterling as City cover.

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »

I'm in a similar situation, brought him in for a hit last week. I'll be bringing Kane in this week either for Lukaku or Lacazette.

As much as Lukaku is trolling me all season with his late goals, United have a tough set of fixtures coming up and I can't see him getting double figures across the Spurs + Chelsea games. If he's not on pens it lessens his appeal even further. Lacazette is far from predictable but he should at least match Lukaku over the next few weeks if he gets enough gametime. Wenger doesn't seem to trust him much past 70 minutes.

Arsenal do have Belgrade in the Europa league, although I'm guessing they will be prioritising the league so they may have the least rotation concerns of the 'big teams' this season. Also, Lacazette didn't featured for France over the International break, was he even in the squad?

In a similar boat re Lacazette/Lukaku. I was going to do Laca >Kane, but needed to take a hit to raise the money. I decided to go Lukaku>Kane for not hit instead. Utd's fixtures aren't great as you say, where as Arsenal's are not too bad.

Lacazette did play for France in the first match of int'l break and was rubbish. Giroud started last night instead and scored. I hope Arsene doesn't take anything from that!

Advertisement