Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 - Transfers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

bench boost for me to cover the -8 hit i took on transfers,
    jesus for captain, the saviour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

PVA wrote: »
    Arsenal do have Belgrade in the Europa league, although I'm guessing they will be prioritising the league so they may have the least rotation concerns of the 'big teams' this season. Also, Lacazette didn't featured for France over the International break, was he even in the squad?
    Yes he was. He played in Bulgaria in a 4-3-3. Was at the origin of our only goal there but didn't do much more. General consensus was that he missed a great opportunity to take the number 9 jersey for France. Deschamps' style of play may not suit him great though. And yesterday, Giroud was preferred in a 4-2-3-1. And Giroud scored. He's a bit our Klose or Podolski, players that have better stats & perfs with their national team than with their club.

Don't forget also that Lacazette has close to zero top level experience. He scored well in Ligue 1 for 4 seasons but only started to perform in Europe last year (and that was in Europa league). He's having a good start so far but it needs to be confirmed. I mean we still don't know what to expect from him.

On the other hand, Giroud is not a top class player but you know what you get from him. You know how much he works for the team (notably defensively on set pieces). You know how to play him and how to play with and around him. And you know his more than decent efficiency.

I'm a bit surprised Wenger immediately decided to put Lacazette ahead of Giroud to be honest. Giroud showed Wenger last year that he was better than a super sub, which seems to be his situation back now. I'm surprised Wenger did not try to play them both upfront à la Falcao-Mbappé for Monaco last year (a pivotal centre forward associated with one who runs around him). Wenger choice is also critical for the French team and could become a problem since Les Bleus seems to work better with Giroud upfront (it notably allows Griezmann to play right behind him in a position that suits him) but if he's to only gets the last 15 min in PL... Or Arsenal would have to win the EL with Giroud scoring 10+ goals in this comp' :pac:.

And yes I would not worry about Europa League since Wenger seems to have made his choice. Lacazette for PL. Giroud for Cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

AnneFrank wrote: »

I have the bench boot to cover a 12 point hit, first time I have ever taken such drastic action but am happy to have added Davies, Kane, Jesus and Lanzini.

Giroud is the ultimate international player, he is made for it. Set pieces are critical at international level and he is exceptional at both ends of the field for these and also his lack of genuine pace is not as a much of an issue. Class player is Olivier!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

mectavba wrote: »
    Lacazette did play for France in the first match of int'l break and was rubbish. Giroud started last night instead and scored. I hope Arsene doesn't take anything from that!
    iroced wrote: »
    Yes he was. He played in Bulgaria in a 4-3-3.

I stand corrected, it didn't show on his ESPN stats page for some reason...
    iroced wrote: »
    And yes I would not worry about Europa League since Wenger seems to have made his choice. Lacazette for PL. Giroud for Cups.

Is this confirmed? Would be more comfortable if this is the case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I stand corrected, it didn't show on his ESPN stats page for some reason...

=> https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/match/350043
    L'Equipe (the number 1 sports media in France) page for this game. In French but to spot the starting names on the field you don't need to speak Moliere's language ;).

And anyway, as a French I watched the game live and can asssure you he did play :D.
    Is this confirmed? Would be more comfortable if this is the case!
    Well. No. But so far, that's what Wenger did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

considering Siggy and Rooney to Hazard and JAyew for a -4. May even throw the armband on Hazard. Thoughts? Patience is running thin with Siggy and Rooney who i got in 2 gameweeks ago and have done sweet all despite the kind fixtures

i'd dump Rooney and siggy for sure, koeman is a dead man walking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

This post has been deleted.

Easy choice - Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »
    considering Siggy and Rooney to Hazard and JAyew for a -4. May even throw the armband on Hazard. Thoughts? Patience is running thin with Siggy and Rooney who i got in 2 gameweeks ago and have done sweet all despite the kind fixtures

hmmm just realized i can get Vardy and Mata for the same money (well, 0.1 difference using the last of my change)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

bantee wrote: »
    Thinking of Salah to one of the city mids for the next 2/3 GWs as Liverpool’s fixtures aren’t great but city’s are nice.
    KDB isn’t an option plus he’s burnt me already this season. I want Sane and he may be getting game time if Kun misses 1 or 2 games, thoughts on city mid options?
    Hesitating on Salah to Sane, he’s practically nailed on to start this weekend ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

manual_man wrote: »

I'm also considering getting in hazard and captaining him.
    only 3.7% ownership and good fixtures plus because of his price and position he wont be an easy transfer for people to get if he does hit form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

bantee wrote: »
    Hesitating on Salah to Sane, he’s practically nailed on to start this weekend ya?

Sterling over Sane for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Brought Lukaku in last GW for Aguero's injury meaning I have Mkhi & Lukkau, dbl United attacking.

No City coverage at all, am I mad to be thinking of rididng of Mkhi and replacing with City mid.

Looking at Silva (8.5), Sane (8.3) or Sterling (7.9)

Silva the more nailed on I suppose and consistent, all 3 have had explosive spells.

Have 0.5 ITB too I'd rather not touch for the moment. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd just take the hit. Use bench boost another time. Unless you've a good bench this week.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd just take the hit. Use bench boost another time. Unless you've a good bench this week.

yes i hear you, but i've a decent bench and want to climb the table a bit,
    fortune favours the brave and all that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yes i hear you, but i've a decent bench and want to climb the table a bit,
    fortune favours the brave and all that !

Think long term, not short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Morata and Mhki to Kane and Sterling. Giving Alli 1 more week and will swap him to a Liverpool MF next week I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Morata and Mhki to Kane and Sterling. Giving Alli 1 more week and will swap him to a Liverpool MF next week I think

Not think the attractiveness in Liverpool has significantly gone down with Mané out?

• Advertisement

Brought Lukaku in last GW for Aguero's injury meaning I have Mkhi & Lukkau, dbl United attacking.

No City coverage at all, am I mad to be thinking of rididng of Mkhi and replacing with City mid.

Looking at Silva (8.5), Sane (8.3) or Sterling (7.9)

Silva the more nailed on I suppose and consistent, all 3 have had explosive spells.

Have 0.5 ITB too I'd rather not touch for the moment. Any thoughts?

You would be mad not to, especially considering respective fixtures - Silva for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Time to start restructuring team
    2 ml ITB

Lacazette to vardy makes it 3.7
    So obiang to 8.2...........silva and sane too dear so god help me but I'm looking at sterling again
    And he is on THE LIST

Was going to sell mihki but I think I'll just keep till pogba is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Will Sterling even start? Tempted to bring him for my WC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Back from the break and straight in with a gamble
    Mikki out ---> Hazard In
    Philips out ---> Tadic In

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would like some Leicester coverage, but would have to get rid of one of Lukaku, Chicarito or Tadic for Vardy, Okazaki or Albrighton. Not really worth it, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Would like some Leicester coverage, but would have to get rid of one of Lukaku, Chicarito or Tadic for Vardy, Okazaki or Albrighton. Not really worth it, is it?

Tadic to anyone is worth imo
    He offers nothing in fpl
    All promise no points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

km79 wrote: »
    Tadic to anyone is worth imo
    He offers nothing in fpl
    All promise no points

True. And with Long out injured, Austin/Gabbi could be back on pens. Think I'll chance Albrighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I still think Salah and Couinho will score well. They might not be as good but I think they'll still score a couple of goals a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Last nights drunk transfers

Choupo moting to Dilva
    Lukaku to Vardy

Gives my midfield much better balance

• Advertisement

lukaku to vardy, Ouch !!!
    Drunk transfers are like drunk texts to your ex, don't do it !!

Advertisement