Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting and transport bias mods

Options
  • 30-09-2017 4:37pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour over on c&t forum.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057787881/1/#post104702060

Summary;
    - discussion about price increase by a bus operator.
    - as usually a private operator gets slated with false acquisitions particularly from a mod with prior history of this
    - some posters defend the company
    - mod devnull posts multiple long detailed posts where lies are posted and they are called up multiple times and proven wrong
    - this mod antagonises posters by insisting that we only focus on the operators comment about investment in new coaches and will kihave address any other points
    - mod doesn’t like the fact that they are being proven wrong so posts the usual bold text setting up posters to be disciplined
    - poster is again found to be posting lies
    - poster who has proven the lies gets banned. Despite this poster making really decent and informed comments about the industry.

How can a mod who is so emotionally invested in a discussion and is proven on multiple times to be telling mistruths and in the process slandering a private company (yet another one) be capable of impartially moderating the discussion. It’s not humanly possible.

C&t is really becoming a no go area. Topics are constantly being lead and directed by a few mods, if they don’t like the direction they infract posters (usual process is set up bait by posting in bold then bam you are infrared for a tiny infringement).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

How can a mod who is so emotionally invested in a discussion and is proven on multiple times to be telling mistruths and in the process slandering a private company (yet another one) be capable of impartially moderating the discussion. It’s not humanly possible.
    I'm not aware that any of our mods lying repeatedly. As this appears to be central to your complaint, please provide evidence as background to your complaint, & also instances of where they have lied in the current thread.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have been keeping my eye on the forum for several months and have banned many hundreds of accounts set up by a small number of trolls to both disrupt the site and spout propaganda in that forum

I have seen absolutely no evidence of bias amongst the mods who have had an incredibly difficult time dealing with these morons (and I do not use the term lightly). Similarly I have not seen anything to suggest there is anything that could be construed as lying but if you feel there are some inaccuracies being posted please report relevant posts and I will take a look

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

I see some posts have been deleted from the thread which spell out where I am coming from.

In summary

Mistruth 1;
    Accusing a company of telling lies about their investment plans. Ignoring a long statement from the company to focus on a small part of the statement and act like a dog with a bone.

Mistruths 2;
    The coaches they are buying are crocks of rubbish where they then went out of their way to try find an example but failed miserably. Used this failed example to poke holes on the companies statement.

Mistruth 3;
    They have mates working for big bus companies - eg gobus where they insisted for many posts that company lease coaches, prooved to be completely wrong

Mistruth 4;
    Spouts a massive amount of rubbish about the leasing of coaches, clear as day they know nothing other than from a bit of light googling. Again claims to have mates in senior positions in the industry.

Whatever about what else is going on in c&t an independent poster would surely agree that the company which I see is a locally owned relatively recent start up has been unessesarily slandered on that thread by an ill-informed moderator.

If anything devnull has been exposed as a spoofer who knows very little about the industry that they strive to represent themselves as an expert.

Can one of you also address my point regarding a mod being allowed to both post so passionately in about a topic and at the same time impartially moderate it. I really think this is unfair.

Where a mod is heavily involved in a polarised discussion it is preferred (but not mandatory) that another mod take care of any necessary mod actions.

From what I can see, the mod is moderating the thread impartially.

• Advertisement

You claimed that one of our mods was lying. I asked for evidence, but you've just made more baseless claims. That's not on.

Provide links to firm examples or this thread will be closed.

tHB

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have just gone through the thread in detail.

The only posts deleted by the mods (and indeed myself as an Admin) were those made by persistent re-reg trolls who have been attempting to cause chaos within the forum for many months together with some posts responding to the troll(s)

The mod you are referring to made a single mod instruction which was this:
    devnull wrote: »
    Just a reminder to all posters.

Civility is not just a desirable trait here, it is a pre-requisite to you being allowed to post. You can have differences of opinions, but differences do not mean free reign to denigrate or make crass generalisations.

Let's make this place where alternative viewpoints aren't vilified, but challenged with well constructed, respectful counterpoints. If you can't manage that, then I would suggest you refrain from posting.

Please read the charter and do not reply to this post.

That cannot possibly be construed as mod bias

The mod commented in a rational fashion. He expressed concern about the scale of increase in fares. He debated the matter with other users. I am not seeing a shred of evidence to support your allegations. As tHB has said please provide some as this is coming across as simply an attempt to undermine modding in a forum that has been subject to sustained attacks from re-reg trolls attempting to do exactly the same thing

You claimed that one of our mods was lying. I asked for evidence, but you've just made more baseless claims. That's not on.

tHB

I see you have completely ignored my post where I have given the examples you requested (all from one single thread so imagine how much there is out there in all the forum!) so I see where this is going. I’ll be a good soldier and respect your authority and shut my mouth. Thank for this isn’t Egypt or I’d be getting a knock on my door.

Fine, let this mod spout mistruths about the industry and various companies. It’s only companies imagines that are being tarnished by these mistruths and at the end of the day let’s facilitate a soapbox as it’s obly people’s livelihoods.

It’s no surprise that there are disgruntled posters out there behaving the way they are (I don’t condone their behaviour). I can only assume that there are multiple as the first batch seem to be from BE who would in no way support the cause of a competitor like a.connect

I see you have completely ignored my post where I have given the examples you requested (all from one single thread so imagine how much there is out there in all the forum!) so I see where this is going.
    I didn't ignore it - I asked for evidence. You just posted more unsupported claims.

tHB
    Beasty has also reviewed the Ashbourne Connect thread & found nothing to support your claims.
    So, if you have links to other examples of the alleged transgressions, post them here & I will look into it further.

Hello again.

I am sorry to bump this thread but I feel I need to.

Another private company is getting slated in the commuting forum by two posters, one of which is the mod who i spoke of before, the other is a poster who has a grievance against this company (cork truck driver openly acknowledges that they applied for a job with dublin coach but was turned down).

Seriously these two posters have easily 90% of the 500 posts on this thread and it’s all speculation / uneducated pub talk with nobody else engaging other than the odd poster correcting them. It’s basically a private conversation / chat between the two of them.

Why are these two posters allowed to engage in this witch hunt? The amount of uneducated speculation on finances / maintenance / hiring practices etc is shocking.

I have reported posts but not expecting anything to happen, hence why I am posting this.

• Advertisement

Hello, any chance I can get a pm on my latest post.

Advertisement