Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House share - not happy with new tenant in box room

Options
  • 30-09-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm in the house 18 months ago - on the 1st of April (6 months tomorrow) the guy in the box room moved out and a new guy moved in. I and the other girl in the are not happy with this guy in the box room and I know a girl who wants to move in. Can I give this guy notice or must it be the landlord or how would it be best done. This tenant that is in the box room 6 months tomorrow has not signed a lease, and the lease is in my name with the landlord. Thks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Has he been a poor housemate?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Yes - his girlfriend is full time in house with him & he does not clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

harry999 wrote: »
    This tenant that is in the box room 6 months tomorrow has not signed a lease, and the lease is in my name with the landlord. Thks
    Who does the unwanted tenant pay their rent to?

Also, by "full time in the house with him", do you mean she stays there overnight all week?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Who does he pay his rent to?
    Why haven't you approached him about house rules?
    If you didn't have a friend you want to move in, would you be so quick to kick him out?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

we all pay rent together monthly to landlord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

harry999 wrote: »
    we all pay rent together monthly to landlord.
    In that case, you can ask him to leave, but he can tell you to go **** yourself.

If you don't like it, the only thing you can do is move.

Advertisement