Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezer making room colder???

Options
  • 30-09-2017 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone tell me if I put a tall freezer in my kitchen is it going to make my kitchen colder or affect the room above it, like make the room colder are damp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

You cannot make cold, you can only make warm. You can move cold.
    The room(s) will warm up by having a functional freezer in it.
    Roadtoads law of thermodynamics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Cal11 wrote:
    Can anyone tell me if I put a tall freezer in my kitchen is it going to make my kitchen colder or affect the room above it, like make the room colder are damp

It will heat the room but cost you money on electricity in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cal11

Stoner wrote: »
    It will heat the room but cost you money on electricity in the process

Thank you for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Cal11 wrote: »

The freezer removes heat from the cabinet and contents, and transfers it to the condensor at the back (black pipe with grid on it), which then transfers its heat to the kitchen air. So it will tend to slightly heat the room it is in.

It wont use any more electricity than needed to maintain the internal temperature, as in, it wont really be costing you to add heat to the room, except what is transferred from the contents of the freezer, apart from some inefficiency, which is low in freezers, once the door seal etc is in good order.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cal11

Bruthal wrote: »
    The freezer removes heat from the cabinet and contents, and transfers it to the condensor at the back (black pipe with grid on it), which then transfers its heat to the kitchen air. So it will tend to slightly heat the room it is in.

It wont use any more electricity than needed to maintain the internal temperature, as in, it wont really be costing you to add heat to the room, except what is transferred from the contents of the freezer, apart from some inefficiency, which is low in freezers, once the door seal etc is in good order.

Thanks Bruthal for the information, it is much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

It'll make the room slightly warmer
    Cal11 wrote: »

Advertisement