Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft/Apple teacher discount

Options
  • 30-09-2017 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Anyone ever avail of these? How does it work and what is the discount worth?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

There used be an Education button on the website and then you could see the prices. Can't seem to see it there now though. It was always about €100 - €150 off a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

You can google “Apple education store” and it’ll pop up. Here’s a link: https://www.apple.com/ie-edu/shop (sorry, I’m on mobile).

What is it that you’re thinking of buying? If you’re going for hardware, such as a new laptop, I’d recommend looking elsewhere. Apple products are gorgeous and very well designed, but their kit spec isn’t worth that price. Even with a discount they’re overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Notorious wrote: »
    You can google “Apple education store” and it’ll pop up. Here’s a link: https://www.apple.com/ie-edu/shop (sorry, I’m on mobile).

What is it that you’re thinking of buying? If you’re going for hardware, such as a new laptop, I’d recommend looking elsewhere. Apple products are gorgeous and very well designed, but their kit spec isn’t worth that price. Even with a discount they’re overpriced.

The spec doesn't have to be mega. Colleagues of mine are on their 3rd windows laptop while my mac (a refurb!!) is still going strong with no reasons to dump it:P

The spec doesn't have to be mega. Colleagues of mine are on their 3rd windows laptop while my mac (a refurb!!) is still going strong with no reasons to dump it:P

Same here! I've had three mac books since 2005 (the latest only a very recent purchase). I'd never switch back regardless of price. Windows machines are forever giving trouble to my colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Me too. Never a day of trouble, just replacing my 5 year old MacBook Air and the problem was caused by me with the hardware.

It’s not just the longevity of life though for me it’s:
    1. Battery. Even now, 5 years on, I don’t need to bring my charger to work-it goes the whole day
    2. Stability. I could count on one hand the number of crashes or program glitches I’ve had in 5 years
    3. Speed. It is as fast as it ever was on day one

I’m a complete convert to the Mac OS now, hate windows and don’t want to go back

• Advertisement

Yea, I bought my dad an iMac back in 2010. He uses it for basic typing/internet. It's as good and as fast now as they day he bought it. At the time he thought I was mad getting him to spend €1100 on a computer but he's glad he did now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

dory wrote: »
    Same here! I've had three mac books since 2005 (the latest only a very recent purchase). I'd never switch back regardless of price. Windows machines are forever giving trouble to my colleagues.

Totally agree! It took me ages to buy my first one, but I LOVE it! I never get viruses which was a weekly feature of previous laptops.

Advertisement