Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another first timer thread...

• 30-09-2017 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi All.
    just bought my first caravan and have a few questions. brought it home to try thing out before i store it for the winter and ran into some problems. the caravan is a crown regent from the '90's

first question the water pump. connected up and nothing. turned on tap and light on control panel lights but pump does nothing outside in the water barrel. checked with a meter and when on the voltage rises to 13.4volts when light is on. is this pump dead or do i need to prime? the cover for this is also missing and there is a mystery yolk in the same area, is this a filter beside the water inlet? does anyone know where i would get a new cover?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

second on the same topic, is it possible that this is the only drain for the caravan? the toilet is the cassete type so doesn't need one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Submersible pump impellers can seize. Sometimes all you have to do is give the impeller a nudge to get it going again.

If the drain you are talking about is the one by the carver heater vent that says drain for frost thats for draining the heater for the winter if you don't drain it the frost can damage the heater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

second on the same topic, is it possible that this is the only drain for the caravan? the toilet is the cassete type so doesn't need one?

The sinks may not drain into the casette, throw a bucket of water into them and you'll soon find out!

My submersible pump siezes with lack of use every 3-4 weeks. I used to free it with reversed polarity but lately a little nudge with a pokey thing is all it takes.

Advertisement