Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais,

Options
  • 30-09-2017 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

I believe Bord Gais are raising their rates from 1st Nov. I am still in contract until May 2018. Am I entitled to leave without penalty because of price increase ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

shawnee wrote: »
    I believe Bord Gais are raising their rates from 1st Nov. I am still in contract until May 2018. Am I entitled to leave without penalty because of price increase ?

What do their T&Cs say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

What do their T&Cs say?
    Can't locate them, that is why I am asking here. I do remember reading somewhere that raising prices allows one to move without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

No you're thinking about telecoms where it does apply. Not for energy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I believe they need permission from the energy regulator so it will probably be a case that all of the suppliers will increase their rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thanks AMTC, that clarifies it.
    I believe they are giving the nest controller free to new customers. However it is 299 to existing ones... big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 peterjosephbrow

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This is not a 'talk to ..... ' forum, BGE people are not monitoring the threads. Gas Networks Ireland have a thread on 'talk to...' but BGE do not.

If you don't understand what I mean by 'talk to...' threads, take a look here, they are forums where customers can open a thread and a customer support person from the relevant organisation will reply....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 peterjosephbrow

Advertisement