Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhodes - Lardos

Options
  • 30-09-2017 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

Thought i'd stick up a review of our holiday iN Rhodes at the start of the month, seeing as Falcon (TUi) now do the island.

We paid around 940Euro for a week, thats for my wife and i and our 14month old baby, now this included extra leg room seats, on the Sunwing 737 that they use seats Rows 3,4 & 5 (DEF) are all extra legroom, we paid an extra 20euro per person each way and the difference was immense. We were last on the plane going out and a lady was sat on the aisle seat, she seen this big boned Welsh guy with a baby going to sit down, helped us get settled them moved to the only other free seat at the back, so we had a whole row to ourselves (same happened on way back but the seat was unallocated)

On to Rhodes, we stayed at Cosmos Maris, really is an amazing little gem, only 2stars but feels a lot more, great pool, great self catering rooms, great staff

The resort itself is VERY quiet, with only 3/4 restaurants and maybe 2 bars, also 5 shops but they all sell the same tat.

If you get a taxi into Lardos village (about 1.5miles away and a 8 euro taxi ride) there's more restaurants and bars, if you really want more though head into Pefkos

Beach in Lardos was a bit dire, was all stone, Pefkos beach was a lot better (sand)

Prices on Rhodes are quite expensive, a friend was in Zante (where we usually go) at the same time and we compared a few, crazy difference, for example

Full English breakfast (1 sausage, 1 bacon, 2 eggs, mushroon, hash brown, beans and toast) was 5:90 in our hotel (also the same price all over the resort), add coffee and 2 euro and a juice at 2 euro and that's 9.90, Dublin prices, yet in Zante the same thing was a fiver all in

A 3 Course meal, with wine, was setting us back around 50-60 euro, quite expensive from what i'm used to on the Greek Islands

Rhodes Airport is a complete and utter mess, when leaving get there early, you queue up to get your bags weighed and to check in, they tag the suitcases then you take them back and join another queue to put suitcases through x-ray, then you go upstairs for security

Any questions just ask

Advertisement