Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Market outside Dublin

Options
  • 30-09-2017 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭

I've just been looking at daft for rentals in Wicklow & Kilkenny.

There are currently only 2 properties to let in Arklow and only 53 properties to rent in the entire county of Wicklow.

There are only 8 to let in Kilkenny city and only 27 in the entire county.

This seems very low to me. Is this because there is no demand in these areas or is there a shortage? Anybody know the markets and got an idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

The population of these towns (and all other commuter towns) has grown since the last census, but almost no house building has happened in that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Its down to many people like myself had to leave Dublin as can't afford to live where I've always worked and its only getting worse.

Rents in Wicklow are going crazy and lucky if one can get a place.

Wicklow won't allow builds for people if not from there and only in towns if allowed.

Very strict planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Also remember many EA's that handle rentals have long waiting lists of people looking for properties to move in to. They don't need to advertise on Daft, I would guess that many rentals are never advertised these days so looking at Daft would not be the best barometer of what is happening in the rental sector IMO.

There is a shortage of good rental properties throughout many parts of the country though, without a doubt.

Advertisement