Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tokyo & Hong Kong

• 30-09-2017 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Planning a holiday, 
    And trying to decide between Tokyo or Hong Kong. I've decided to do both, and do a flight between either. I'm looking for recommendations on where to stay and what to see etc.
     Thinking of doing 5/6 days in each and then flying back to London.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Sullysark wrote: »
    Planning a holiday, 
    And trying to decide between Tokyo or Hong Kong. I've decided to do both, and do a flight between either. I'm looking for recommendations on where to stay and what to see etc.
     Thinking of doing 5/6 days in each and then flying back to London.

Personally I think that 5 days is too long in Hong Kong. It's so compact and easy to get around. Unless you're planning to take a trip across to Shenzen I think 3/4 days in HK is plenty.

We stayed in a Marriott, got a very good deal on hotwire. Loved the big Buddha and the Noel Coward fan in me loved the Noonday gun. Disneyland is small but worth a visit for the fun train and the stunning fireworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Ditch HK & do Tokyo & Kyoto instead.

There's a teriffic trip report posted on that itinerary by cocoshovel:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056696321

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Caranica wrote: »
    Personally I think that 5 days is too long in Hong Kong. It's so compact and easy to get around. Unless you're planning to take a trip across to Shenzen I think 3/4 days in HK is plenty.

We stayed in a Marriott, got a very good deal on hotwire. Loved the big Buddha and the Noel Coward fan in me loved the Noonday gun. Disneyland is small but worth a visit for the fun train and the stunning fireworks.
    Easy to get around, yes, definitely. Not sure I'd agree that it's really that small though.....there's quite a bit to see out in the New Territories/Sai Kung (if into outdoors/hiking), as well as HK Island, Kowloon, Lantau, outlying islands (Peng Chau, Cheung Chau, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sullysark

Thanks! I'm going to go in March/April time for roughly a week in each. Hopefully i'll get to see everything. I'll go to both Disneylands as well for a day, so I can tick every disney in the world of my bucket list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I can understand "ticking it off", but the Disneyland in HK really isn't the best. If you were interested in another theme park as well, Ocean Park is actually quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I can understand "ticking it off", but the Disneyland in HK really isn't the best. If you were interested in another theme park as well, Ocean Park is actually quite good.

I agree, we did half a day in Disney, left and then came back for the fireworks that night

Advertisement