Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain Reaction Cycles APG?

Options
  • 01-10-2017 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hello,
    Has anyone ordered from chain reaction cycles and to have their order split into 2? I ordered cycling shoes Wednesday and cleats. Shoes dispatched early Thursday with An Post and got them Friday. But then cleats dispatched late Thursday with a courier called APG? I put the tracking number into after ship and it says INSTANT(Tiong Nam). Ever hear of them? Says they are based in malaysia. Never ordering from them again anyway as cleats are probably a while away from coming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Yep ordered a chain and a tube of High 5 zeroon Tuesday.
    The chain arrived next day.
    The single tube of tabs is coming from Wiggle.
    Nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I ordered a bunch of small bits and pieces. One lot came via an post and two days later dhl arrived with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

It's in their terms and conditions that they ship from different warehouses so your order may be split. You estimated delivery time is 3-5 working days. Chances are your 2nd package will arrive in that time frame. You agreed to this So what's the problem?

Suggesting you will never by from them again is a bit dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

No I was more asking about APG to be honest as they are nowhere to be found on google

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I thought APG was also An Post. Chain Reaction have a deal with An Post that they will retry posting in the evening or Saturdays if you are not there to receive at the first attempt. I deleted all my delivery emails from them to check if it’s that but I’m quite sure you won’t be waiting long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Hardly a big deal if you get your goods on time? How they work the logistics on orders is ultimately theirs to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I ordered a set of wheels, tyres, cables, rear mech, mudguards and a few other small bits last week on the Tuesday. On Thursday 3 boxes arrived by an post and Friday DHL delivered two more. I had wondered why I received so many emails telling me my order was ready/dispatched etc but everything else with the order was grand

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Hardly a big deal if you get your goods on time? How they work the logistics on orders is ultimately theirs to decide.
    Haven't had it happen with a CRC order, but it would put me off. One of the things I like is that they use An Post. The postie doesn't just fake my signature and leave packages in random places around the house like all the courier companies have done at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

CRC are in the middle of a huge warehouse relocation I believe. It's part of the reason they've stopped doing next day delivery to Ireland as they can't guarantee next day.

I imagine it's part of the reason behind the multi warehouse deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Ordered from Wiggle on Friday and received an An Post notification today... going to assume it's coming from CRC up North and they're trying to utilise all stock from there first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Yep seem to be splitting a lot these days. Order campagnolo crankset and bearings. Crankset next day and bearings took 3-4 days. Both arrived separately. In saying that I had other orders with them that came the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

Put in an order last Tuesday. Half the order was dispatched by An Post, the other half with "APG". Both dispatches were delivered together by the An Post postman on Thursday even though the expected shipping time was 3-5 days. I was a bit confused about who APG are as well, but no complaints from me about how it worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

I did receive it with an post. But helmet was too small so Returned it again with an post and they seem to have lost it. Tracking says it is still in the post office but rang An post up and they said it has been processed etc. But it still cannot be found and it was podted last Thursday where as another return has been delivered again on the same day. So filed missing item hope they find it😀

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Haven't had it happen with a CRC order, but it would put me off. One of the things I like is that they use An Post. The postie doesn't just fake my signature and leave packages in random places around the house like all the courier companies have done at some point.

Ha ha I asked my postie to do this for me, sick of arriving home to find a notice of attempted delivery and then having to drive 10km to the post office, find parking etc etc so now he signs for me and leaves it in a certain agreed location.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Ha ha I asked my postie to do this for me, sick of arriving home to find a notice of attempted delivery and then having to drive 10km to the post office, find parking etc etc so now he signs for me and leaves it in a certain agreed location.
    With agreement is one thing - even if they'd phone I'd tell them where to leave it rather than on the doorstep, in the rain, some random place that makes sense to them but not to us etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I've a helmet mount on the way from CRC. States the carrier is also APG. The tracking number on my order page if entered into that tracking app you mention also brings up INSTANT.

The shipping method on my order has a long url after it which at first looks like some error on the page. Copied the url and it brought me to a page giving me my dispatch details and more importantly an An Post tracking number.
    It also shows that the tracking number on the order page is in fact a consignment code.

Seems like the lettering in the consignment code is giving a false hit for a courier in the far East.

My previous order looked better. Courier said AnPost and the tracking number was one of theirs. Seems something has changed and it's a bit screwed up.

APG is probably just some internal code they use for the type of An Post service in use.

I'll happily continue to use them.(for items priced correctly) 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

Don't know what's going on with CRC these days! I ordered 2 compression tops and 3 tubes of High 5 Zero a couple of weeks ago - received one compression top floating around in a box on the 2nd day after ordering, one tube of High 4 in an envelope the following day and finally the other top and 2 tubes on the 4th day in another oversized box! Hard to see how that makes financial sense for them!

Advertisement