Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansted Estate in Lucan - Any issues?

Options
  • 01-10-2017 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Looking around for a suitable house / duplex atm and there seems to be good value to be had in the greater Lucan area.

We had a look at the Hansted estate and it looks well kept. It was also very quiet for a Saturday night.
    The location seems to be good as it close enough to the schools in Adamstown.

One thing I'm not sure too sure about is the halting site (which looks quite well kept) around the corner on Hayden's lane. There's a walkway between Hansted and Hayden's lane and a cctv camera (attached to a lamppost) is pointing right to the entrance?

Are there any issues re anti-social behavior? I ve never lived beside a halting site but heard some horror stories.

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

A haunted estate in Luca....eh.....sorry...just put my specs back on....

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

exaisle wrote: »
    A haunted estate in Luca....eh.....sorry...just put my specs back on....

Well everything is kinda haunted outside the M50 but I don't mind 😉

So I take it there's no anti-social behavior...?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 giallo

I'm interested in moving to Hansted estate as well. I was playing with Google Maps to see how's nearby, and I found out that, right besides the Hansted estate, to access the Griffeen Park you've to pass besides these houses in Haydens Ln, and I'm not sure they are owned by Irish Travellers (I can see vans and a horse). Google Street images are quite out-dated, so I hope it's not messy like this now.

(You can search "8 Haydens Ln" on Google Maps and see Street View)

Can someone confirm that?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

OP you might be better off posting in the Dublin County West section for local knowledge and advice

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Don't forget about mother nature!

From back in 2000; https://www.irishtimes.com/news/council-calls-in-consultants-to-study-flood-1.1115327
    Apart from the village itself, housing estates in the Hayden's Lane area were inundated when the Griffeen River - a tributary of the Liffey - burst its banks last Sunday night. Dozens of new houses were flooded to a depth of three or four feet.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Don't forget about mother nature!

From back in 2000;

Thanks, but this happened once 18 years ago. What worries me more is the current situation with the Travellers. I've read an article about travellers burning cars continuously in the adjacent Clonburris land. Jesus, why is so impossible to find a quiet place to live in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

giallo wrote: »
    Thanks, but this happened once 18 years ago.

It happened many times, up to 18 years ago. We had only moved into our house right beside the effected estates and we were lucky we are slightly higher up

The council did complete works soon after and although I have seen the Griffeen vastly faster flowing on several occasions (like a few week ago with the snow melt water coming off the mountains), there has been no further flooding of the estates in south Lucan

unkel wrote: »
    It happened many times, up to 18 years ago. We had only moved into our house right beside the effected estates and we were lucky we are slightly higher up

The council did complete works soon after and although I have seen the Griffeen vastly faster flowing on several occasions (like a few week ago with the snow melt water coming off the mountains), there has been no further flooding of the estates in south Lucan

I can understand Haydens Ln getting flooded, but do you think also the adjacent Hansted Estate would be affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

giallo wrote: »
    Thanks, but this happened once 18 years ago. What worries me more is the current situation with the Travellers. I've read an article about travellers burning cars continuously in the adjacent Clonburris land. Jesus, why is so impossible to find a quiet place to live in this country?

I cycle along the canal into town, the land on Clonburris is like something from a post apocalypse movie. There are 3-4 halting sites with a 3mile radius of the estate you mention, maybe they don't **** on their own doorstep.

448624.jpg

Okay, so just to sum up:

* Risk of flooding
    * Travellers burning up cars and leaving trash and horses everywhere
    * No idea what will be built in Clonburris area and when

This doesn't look to me a decent place to live. "Clonburris is like something from a post apocalypse movie" made me the final picture I'd say :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement