Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation code from bank of ireland

Options
  • 01-10-2017 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi 
    when you have mobile banking normally your mobile number is linked to your account.and when you do a transaction or add a payee normally bank will send you a security code to your mobile number.
    Before I had a meteor sim and i didnt have any problem with receiving code from bank of ireland but when eir took over from meteor now i am having a problem instead of receiving code i am getting a text says bank of ireland having a problem with my mobile number.
    then i contacted the bank and i have been told that eir not allowing bank of ireland to send the code to me coz they are blocking bank of ireland numbers.
    then i contacted eir and i was told for security reason they are blocking those numbers.
    this is crazy like 
    and just for mobile banking i have to change my contact number 
    I forgot to mention i have normal prepaid sim not a contract
    can anyone tell me what network i can use to receive those texts from bank of ireland like 3 or vodafone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Dulanja,

Sorry to hear you've been having difficulty receiving a code by text. There shouldn't be any issue with receiving these regardless of the mobile provider however, you would need to request the payee security code by post on this occasion. Once you've received the code and activated the payee you shouldn't have any further issues receiving codes by text.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Hi Dulanja,

Sorry to hear you've been having difficulty receiving a code by text. There shouldn't be any issue with receiving these regardless of the mobile provider however, you would need to request the payee security code by post on this occasion. Once you've received the code and activated the payee you shouldn't have any further issues receiving codes by text.

Thanks
    Tara
    It's been reported in a few places here this is an issue. Texts are not going through. Can ye actually go report it to the tech team already. I've encounter this again this morning. Can't wait till my AIB account is ready to go this week....

Hi Reati,

Can you please clarify, are you not receiving any text when you add a payee or do you receive a text stating there is an issue with your number?

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dulanja

Hi Reati,

Can you please clarify, are you not receiving any text when you add a payee or do you receive a text stating there is an issue with your number?

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi 
    It says bank of ireland having a difficulties with my mobile number
    kind regards
    Dulanja

Hi Dulanja,

Sorry, I was responding to the other poster on this thread. Please see my reply to your post above.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement