Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHAA Teachers CC

Options
  • 01-10-2017 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

I tried registering for the above yesterday. It didn't let me, so I guess registration closes more than 2 weeks before races commonly? I'm quite new to this :D.

Is anyone else going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Hi there

Is this in a few weeks?
    BHAA are very cool - must runners may not enter until the week of the event.
    You can always register on the day anyway but I'm sure online will open soon.

Enjoy your first BHAA race. Won't be your last I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

Steveire wrote: »
    I tried registering for the above yesterday. It didn't let me, so I guess registration closes more than 2 weeks before races commonly? I'm quite new to this :D.

Is anyone else going?

The BHAA races are good, but I can never seem to register myself successfully online. Registering on the day with them is very easy though, I'd suggest you do that.

I did this race last year, thought it was well-organised, and the standard of runners was very good. They also put on a big feed afterwards :)

Other details on the website about this:

2017 Teachers cross country in Castleknock College on 14th October (Saturday).
    Women 2 mile at 11am, Mens 4 mile at 11.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Thanks, I'll just show up on the day so.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

On line registration is now open, I just registered for the race. Looking forward to the start of the Xcountry of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

On the road to redemption fitness wise and will be step 2 along the Cross Country path after Novices last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

https://bhaa.ie/events/2017-teachers-cc/

Website now contradicts itself, this page says both separate and combined starts at 11.00.

The more recent update looks to be the one saying combined start. Best to assume that and be ready to start at 11.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

It's normally a combined start at 11. I might be up to watch. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

So sorry I am going to miss this event. Really like the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

Tried to enter on my work pc and it said "stripe payment failed payment denied" so I tried on my phone and got "You are currently attending this event."
    But when I go in to Manage my bookings the status is processing (stripe). :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Just signed up for this and really looking forward to it, as I've been meaning to enter a BHAA event for some time now. First XC race as well.

For those familiar with the course, do you reckon road runners will be fine given the fairly dry weather at the moment? I picked up some second-hand spikes off eBay but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. So many firsts! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

MrSkinny wrote: »
    Just signed up for this and really looking forward to it, as I've been meaning to enter a BHAA event for some time now. First XC race as well.

For those familiar with the course, do you reckon road runners will be fine given the fairly dry weather at the moment? I picked up some second-hand spikes off eBay but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. So many firsts! :D

This. Unless there's a deluge tonight, your normal road runners should be grand on that course.

I did 4 miles in spikes earlier up at the polo grounds and they were fine and that's a well worn track but runners would've been fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

First XC race for me. Deffo needed spikes, I wore them and slipped once, fairly muddy in places. Doesn't excuse those who run inside the markers. I enjoyed it and will come back next year. Played schools rugby there and forgot how nice their pitch setup is

Jesus the lad the won it was fairly impressive, he absolutely tore past me near the end of my 3rd lap. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

This. Unless there's a deluge tonight, your normal road runners should be grand on that course.

The rain overnight made it very soft and muddy in places so glad I went for the spikes in the end. Hard work but enjoyable race and a nice spread afterwards. Bring on the next one in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Found the race very tough on Saturday. This course is normally very firm underfoot but the rain the night before made it very soft and mucky in places. My plan was to run a steady first two laps and then push on for the second half but in reality I was hanging on after the first lap. Disappointed with my time and effort but we did get a team prize, so that was a bit of a bonus.

There was a combined turnout of just under 200, which was fairly decent. As always well organised and a good atmosphere, fantastic spread afterwards. Looking forward to the Irish Life race, for one reason or another I have never ran it.

Advertisement