Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenside Carrickmines showing

Options
  • 01-10-2017 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Glenside Carrickmines is going on view this week - would be interested to hear people's views of this development - final phase near the retail park. Has anyone been in touch with estate agent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Fantastic looking development and well located if you ask me.

Any word on what this release contains and the price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Galwayforliam

Very close to M50 alright and not too bad a walk to the luas. No idea re pricing - waiting to hear back from them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

myshirt wrote: »
    well located if you ask me.

Sure, nothing like a 1 hour round trip to walk to a shop for milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

'Wrong' end of the Ballyogan Road, that is for sure, and probably the most unpleasant stop on Luas Green line! Being close the The Park is nice though, some decent coffee/lunch options in there, plus I believe the next phase of the retail development includes plans for a cinema and a proper grocery/supermarket. No point counting your chickens there though. The Glenamuck road is a) very busy and b) very narrow in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Fantastic looking development and well located if you ask me.

Any word on what this release contains and the price range?

Must be a joke?!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We were interested until we realised the 3 beds already have the attic converted as one of the 3 bedrooms.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

awec wrote: »
    We were interested until we realised the 3 beds already have the attic converted as one of the 3 bedrooms.

Check the planning on this. I've seen a few developers try this trick recently and made a bags of it

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Had a phone call from the agent today and its 480k+ for the 3 beds apparently.

awec wrote: »
    That's a sneaky one! If you can convert a 3 bed for 20k.m, it makes to go for that over a 4-bed that can't be converted for an extra €100k!

Catmologen wrote: »
    Had a phone call from the agent today and its 480k+ for the 3 beds apparently.

Around the same as Clay Farm and Bishops Gate so- 3 beds priced for the HTB scheme and end of terrace prob €499k.

I'd be guesstimating 4 bed €570k and maybe €585k end of terrace

• Advertisement

That's a sneaky one! If you can convert a 3 bed for 20k.m, it makes to go for that over a 4-bed that can't be converted for an extra €100k!

The 4 and 5 beds in Glenside look fine if you can afford them (kitchens are maybe a bit small).

It's just the 3 beds (which they call 3 bed + study because there's another room on the top floor that can't be used as a bedroom because of the roof) that look too limiting.

Preview tomorrow!

3beds- start from €480,000
    4beds- start from €535,000
    5beds-start from €555,000

Mad money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

F*ck me sideways that is extortionate. Was planning on taking a viewing of these but not at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Jesus there some prices.

Here we go again.....

Yeah I didn't bother going- not pushed on location but maybe I'm fussy at this stage. Nonetheless I will go for a look tomorrow to see what they're like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

These are not insignificant sums, no doubt, but for what they are they do represent value given the house you are getting and the strategic location.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

These are not insignificant sums, no doubt, but for what they are they do represent value given the house you are getting and the strategic location.

What are your expectations for a strategic location?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

I went there today. The kitchen and living room of 4 bed looks better than Clay Farm. But location is not as good as there. And u need pay management fee per year. Maybe 700 Euro per year. And no south facing.

• Advertisement

The 3 beds already have the attic converted as one of the 3 bedrooms, which means you lose a lot of storage space and also have no possibility of converting it to a 4 bed in future.

I don't think 480k represents value for that.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the 3 beds in the prior phases went for anywhere near that amount?

eternal31 wrote: »
    I went there today. The kitchen and living room of 4 bed looks better than Clay Farm. But location is not as good as there. And u need pay management fee per year. Maybe 700 Euro per year. And no south facing.

Was there many there? Was there a queue there pre launch?

Not many people for queue. Don't know why. Maybe because there is no luas stop across the street or maybe it's not the first phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Docmac

Disappointing prices, so greedy. I had heard that it 'might' start at 480 for a 3 bed but was hoping it was a lie... did 3 beds not sell for under 400k in the last phase? That's an immoral jump up in price, for the same thing! Clay farm location is much better for luas and shops, and yet these are more expensive?? They know nobody can get the 20k HTB scheme for prices over 500k - Very unsound to set 4 beds from 535. 4 beds were well under 500k in the last phase if I am not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Docmac

Glenside Carrickmines is going on view this week - would be interested to hear people's views of this development - final phase near the retail park. Has anyone been in touch with estate agent?

Also interested to find out what people think of these. I drove up again during the week (no showhouse just a drive to figure a few things out). Still can't understand how you cross the road to get to the luas from there! Such a crazy busy road. The location is just ok for me, no major 'perks' to balance being a bit further out from newsagent, pub, luas etc.

The big houses around the playground are nice enough, but the terraced middle should be a lot cheaper. 3 beds seem tiny. If the sound quality between houses is Sh1t, you might say one is f*#%ed. If you do go up, look at the pylons behind one row of phase 2 houses. EA couldnt tell me anything about them. The ESB told me there they weren't worried about their close proximity (Yes i called them!!) but imo they still look a bit too close for comfort.

At the current price, with all considered, I just don't think they are for me. Good luck to all.

eternal31 wrote: »

Not many people for queue. Don't know why. Maybe because there is no luas stop across the street or maybe it's not the first phase.

I think the market is calming- no hysteria at clay farm- about 15 people queuing versus about 60-70 pre lunch for bishops gate and little or no queue for Glenside.

We can all appreciate value now in our hunt and know when we're been sold something that is over valued.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Expatsindublin

They sold 11 out of 17 released houses in the meantime. And apparently there was a queue for the four beds at 5:30. 3 beds are tiny indeed.

What's left so a few mid terrace houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Expatsindublin

What's left so a few mid terrace houses?

A 5 bed. A couple of four beds, and 3 three beds

• Advertisement

what do people think about this development? Compared to clayfarm, is this one better?

Advertisement