Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenside Carrickmines showing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

eternal31 wrote: »
    Not many people for queue. Don't know why. Maybe because there is no luas stop across the street or maybe it's not the first phase.

Or maybe because it’s half a million for a small house, 1hr walk to the shop, next to a giant car park otherwise known as the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

Or maybe because it’s half a million for a small house, 1hr walk to the shop, next to a giant car park otherwise known as the M50

the shopping center across the street will open a grocery supermarket, cinema and a few restaurants in next phase. Will it become better?

clay farm is also expensive.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

These are just too expensive for what you're getting, hence the lower demand.

480 for a small 3 bed that can never be made into a 4 bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

awec wrote: »
    These are just too expensive for what you're getting, hence the lower demand.

480 for a small 3 bed that can never be made into a 4 bed.

3-bed is overpriced. How about 4-bed? 535k

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

the shopping center across the street will open a grocery supermarket, cinema and a few restaurants in next phase. Will it become better?

clay farm is also expensive.

It will ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Docmac

what do people think about this development? Compared to clayfarm, is this one better?

Depends what is important to you. Pricing is pretty much the same. House types (many terraced) are similar.

Do you want a quieter life, less people, less hustle and bustle? Are you not overly bothered about the luas? Do you have a car, definitely? Do you want a slightly more spacious 3 bed? Glenside.

Is Luas convenience a priority for you? Do you enjoy the buzz of a busy neighbourhood? Do you want to be walking distance to a school and shops? Do you hate the carrickmines retail park, particularly "power city"?(!!) Clay Farm.

There definitely are pros and cons to all new estates these days. There is no ideal estate (ok maybe Marina Village in Greystones #the dream). Just weigh up your own. I do think the "eco park" in Clay Farm looks like it will be great, when built. I do tend to scope out where i can go walking in the evenings in the househunt. Glenside - you can definitely walk around, i just couldn't see a good loop (I'm sure you suss these things out when living there).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Docmac

I think the market is calming- no hysteria at clay farm- about 15 people queuing versus about 60-70 pre lunch for bishops gate and little or no queue for Glenside.

We can all appreciate value now in our hunt and know when we're been sold something that is over valued.

There were well over 30 voucher numbers given out before the clay farm prelaunch, from people queuing in advance. Ticket numbers were up in the high 60s at the prelaunch day (thursday?) - last time i heard the ticket numbers being given out. Still quite high considering not everyone is on money to afford the higher mortgage. They know people will pay, no matter what they charge. Not many south dublin new builds. Unless you have 750K for a 3 bed in knockrabo? #nobother:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Grazing17

I had planned to go to Glenside launch but didn't bother when I saw they had upped the price to 480 and...

The back gardens of the houses around the playground are TINY.

They end in a steep embankment which goes up to a house overlooking them.

The apartments are the front of the development - don't like that.

It was a beautiful sunny evening when I went up there but Glenside was already in the dark - no evening sun at all - mountain first and foremost but also the apartments add to that feeling...

Didn't get up to the terrace that is on release though.

Actually got a call from EA seeing was I still interested so they aren't moving so quick.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Grazing17 wrote: »
    I had planned to go to Glenside launch but didn't bother when I saw they had upped the price to 480 and...

It was a beautiful sunny evening when I went up there but Glenside was already in the dark - no evening sun at all - mountain first and foremost but also the apartments add to that feeling...

Actually got a call from EA seeing was I still interested so they aren't moving so quick.

Yea they rang us as well, they must be struggling. I think they're planning another launch weekend soon. Will be interesting to see what happens if they still don't sell, do they start dropping prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Galwayforliam

Grazing17 wrote: »

Same re follow up and not going! Maybe we're all getting sense and the market will reflect this with pricing in due course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 misstrekvix

We are viewing a 3 bed here soon, does any one know why these are like?? Are they Tiny? When I read the post about the Pylon I was totally turned off , it's probably one next To it!!

Advertisement