Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Joel Aviva Stadium 23 June 2018

Options
  • 01-10-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

The first big stadium concert of 2018 is confirmed
    Billy Joel In Concert
    Aviva Stadium, Dublin
    Saturday 23 June 2018
    Tickets on sale 9 October

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My big brother got to see him last night at the Madison Square Gardens with Paul Simon guesting, lucky sods.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Reckon I'll go to this missed the show in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Saw him in the garden last month and seeing him there again in November. I'll be marching out to this. His band are absolutely phenomenal.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reckon I'll go to this missed the show in 2013

I don't know though if the 02 has time machine ports though you might have to park up at the park and ride area.

I don't know though if the 02 has time machine ports though you might have to park up at the park and ride area.

???

Anyway I reckon ticket prices will be about €120 ??

• Advertisement

???

Anyway I reckon ticket prices will be about €120 ??

Sorry, misread your post I thought you were going to the missed 2013 show which is currently not possible as it was four years ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

I had really wished and expected he would continue with another indoor gig, the O2 gig trumped his last couple of outdoor gigs here. Sitting in the middle of a cold pitch tends to ruin a gig for me. Any chance of this being pitch standing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

phonypony wrote: »
    I had really wished and expected he would continue with another indoor gig, the O2 gig trumped his last couple of outdoor gigs here. Sitting in the middle of a cold pitch tends to ruin a gig for me. Any chance of this being pitch standing?

Id say there will , At least the Aviva is a better venue then Croke Park. Seen him in 2013 and loved it so delighted he is back (fingers crossed for some decent weather like we had for Robbie Williams this year).

Any news on ticket prices ???

heard they start from €65 ???

Wonder will it sell better than Phil Collins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Any news on ticket prices ???

heard they start from €65 ???

Wonder will it sell better than Phil Collins ?

Prices will be EUR70.45 / EUR101 / EUR131 plus usual ticket charges - don't know locations yet for those prices

• Advertisement

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Prices will be EUR70.45 / EUR101 / EUR131 plus usual ticket charges - don't know locations yet for those prices

Jayus but the Aviva is compact enough and veiws are good from a lot of areas. might go for the /E70.45/E101 tickets, payed E97.50 for a premium level ticket for ACDC in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tippbiffo

Will this sell out? I'm over at the ireland match in Cardiff when the tickets go on saleðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 86,573 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:eek: that is high for him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

tippbiffo wrote: »
    Will this sell out? I'm over at the ireland match in Cardiff when the tickets go on saleðŸ˜

Highly unlikely it will sell out quickly and they will always release good seats closer to the date anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

tippbiffo wrote: »
    Will this sell out? I'm over at the ireland match in Cardiff when the tickets go on sale/QUOTE]

I don't think it will sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

where did you see this? I see nothing elsewhere

There taking there time announcing the prices anyway

Going for the cheapest seated ticket (which will pot luck on sale date)

Going for the cheapest seated ticket (which will pot luck on sale date)
    The gold circle standing for phil collins were not that much more than the regular standing. I was surprised they did not sell out first. Not that they were cheap, but in other gigs you see a much larger % price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Anyone know the details for the presale on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

So, looks like the pitch will be standing.

Anyone any idea how to get presale? I'm a forum member on the official site and nothing there, plus the US ones are usually based on AMEX card use for pre-sale.

Presale lists on ticketmaster as being from 9am tomorrow. If someone somehow has access and isn't using theirs, I would be extremely grateful.

• Advertisement

Any mention of prices ??

rubadub wrote: »
    where did you see this? I see nothing elsewhere
    These are the prices quoted in a full page ad for the gig published in the Evening Herald earlier this week, still no info on ticketmaster on prices or what the presale at 9am is all about!!

These are the prices quoted in a full page ad for the gig published in the Evening Herald earlier this week, still no info on ticketmaster on prices or what the presale at 9am is all about!!

Actually just saw in Wednesday's Herald that the EUR131 tickets have now become EUR136 - who knows they might make the EUR140 by Monday :)

No info about pre-sale anywhere, though apparently on sale since 9am today.
    Pricing was in the Times today, same as already posted, plus of course the usual ticketmaster tax of 6 euro whatever...

Another plea for pre-sale info or unused code from anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Prices on ticketmaster....
    Seats €70-€140
    No price for standing yet, I'm guessing €90

136 would be €142.85 if they use the max fee of 6.85, sometimes it is 6.10 or so

Sum price

Prob try for the cheap ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Hi all,

Trying to get pre sale tickets but want standing - but no standing is even available??? Anyone else having this problem??

I think most here don't even know how to get the pre-sale!

• Advertisement

Seems there is no standing.

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/billy-joel-dublin-06-23-2018/event/18005344C8A1BFC2?artistid=735392&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

17253s.jpg

I don't think any pitch ticket prices were shown before, it would not surprise me if they were more expensive than the highest listed so far.

As I said in another thread I suspect it could be a sneaky ploy to hold back prices to get friends to agree to go with each other, and then be more unwilling to pull out for fear of looking "scabby". It was absolutely no shock to see the report that the prices advertised earlier in the week were lower than what they turned out to be.

There is no obvious "gold circle" there, so expect seatwave to be raking it in.

Advertisement