Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Joel Aviva Stadium 23 June 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kind of raging its all seating tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PRECIOUS2K18

kg703 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Trying to get pre sale tickets but want standing - but no standing is even available??? Anyone else having this problem??

Do you know how to access the pre-sale?If yes can you please let me know.I have searched the internet looking for any info on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

A very different seating plan to the one that appeared for this gig on the .co.uk site earlier yesterday morning, which depicted three standing areas on the pitch. This does nothing to help my intense dislike for both Aiken and TM... There are more than enough seats in the Aviva without forcing more on people who would like to stand and have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

phonypony wrote: »
    A very different seating plan to the one that appeared for this gig on the .co.uk site earlier yesterday morning, which depicted three standing areas on the pitch. This does nothing to help my intense dislike for both Aiken and TM... There are more than enough seats in the Aviva without forcing more on people who would like to stand and have fun!

Billy's gigs in Wembley and Germany last year were all seated so I kind of expected the same for Dublin.
    Personally I detest an all seated concert .

I'm in two minds about this gig ,I'd prefer to see him indoors ,I was sick when he visited in 2013 and couldn't go .
    Might see if I can get a good seat Monday morning if not I will hold off till closer the date for a production seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Zardoz wrote: »
    Billy's gigs in Wembley and Germany last year were all seated so I kind of expected the same for Dublin.
    His gig at Croker was all seated too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Ferry.Man

Just wondering why people are saying they will hold off closer to the time to get better seats? What are production seats?
    Excuse the lack of knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Ferry.Man wrote: »
    Just wondering why people are saying they will hold off closer to the time to get better seats? What are production seats?
    Excuse the lack of knowledge.

Production seats or tickets are wit-held from sale to facilitate the band or singer's production set up.They might need camera's,lights or sound equipment to go in a certain area so they might need the space.This is why certain tickets for unused area's go on sale in the last minute.

Production seats or tickets are wit-held from sale to facilitate the band or singer's production set up.They might need camera's,lights or sound equipment to go in a certain area so they might need the space.This is why certain tickets for unused area's go on sale in the last minute.

Yeah ,and they also hold back alot of the better seats for corporate ,Vip's,hospitality packs,platinum tickets etc.

Seats are also released closer to the event when the exact stage size and position is known so seats nearer the stage at the side can be sold .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not going for the €140 **** that I'll try for the cheaper options and if I get offered the €70 ones I'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ferry.Man

Thanks for advice think I'll wait until closer to the concert and see what available as it surely wont sell out?

• Advertisement

Thanks for advice think I'll wait until closer to the concert and see what available as it surely wont sell out?

2morrows allocation may sell out and they will post all that ' show completely sold out' stuff but ticket drops will prob happen from time too time over the next few months. If we really want a ticket I'd advise try and sorted 2morrow just for peace of mind

Looking at recent setlists he doesn't change much per night and does all the hits. Many a car journey i had with the essential Billy Joel on with the family

I'd say that there will be loads of tickets floating around for this close to the gig ,most below face value .

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

I see platinum seats on ticketmaster for 360 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nod3Million

Billy played Croke Park back in 2006 and it was only half full, so there was no atmosphere. he then went to the three arena a few years ago and it was a more suitable venue. He never has standing at his gigs nowadays so it's all seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Do you know how to access the pre-sale?If yes can you please let me know.I have searched the internet looking for any info on it :(

Sorry, bit late with an answer - I got a presale code through work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Reading over this I was thinking of getting the tickets as a Christmas present but would it be better to hold off or what's the opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

anyone else not getting in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

EyesClosed wrote: »
    anyone else not getting in?

On the searching for tickets sit tight stage

Got in easy enough on the app

The cheap tickets were for section 517 Row V but went for price level 2 and got a ticket for Section 505 Row G (€107.85)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

On the searching for tickets sit tight stage

Managed to get through, got pitch tickets for a hundred quid each. How is the ticketmaster website still such a freaking mess though? Good luck to everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There's no ticks available in the half of the field closest to the stage. Lots of section 505/506 in the upper half. Even when I searched Premium was offered 311 which was literally the furthest section from the stage. Reckon they're trying to pull a fast one and offload the crap tickets first.

Think I'm going to sit this one out for now.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    There's no ticks available in the half of the field closest to the stage. Lots of section 505/506 in the upper half. Even when I searched Premium was offered 311 which was literally the furthest section from the stage. Reckon they're trying to pull a fast one and offload the crap tickets first.

Think I'm going to sit this one out for now.

I got 4 tickets in Row F on the Pitch ,nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Dumped out twice in the search stage but on third attempt got row V pitch tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

4 pitch tickets for wife and friends. Row FF. €571. Mother of God!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DES440

I got 2 pitch tickets at 09:04 but they're row "4C" .....looking at the seating chart, looks like these are right at the back....Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Got 2 in Block 125 €285 total, wow

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

These prices are ridiculous. Problem is though that people are buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Got offerred BLK422 where the hell is that? In Croke Park!! Can't see that anywhere on the plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Bought 2 tickets. Anyone else having trouble printing out their tickets. Letting me print the receipt but not the tickets. Why ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Nod3Million

I'm sorry Billy isn't worth these prices.

Advertisement