Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Joel Aviva Stadium 23 June 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Extra tickets on sale Fri 25th at 9am

Didnt knw it was even sold out ??

Hopefully it will be a good night, first time seeing him

Its not sold out .
    These will be the tickets they were holding back for Platinum sales ,corporate tickets ,season ticket holders and stage layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Tried just now and exactly same tickets offered as when I tried last night!

thebiglad wrote: »
    Tried just now and exactly same tickets offered as when I tried last night!

It was possibly just a publicity stunt so to try and drive sales.
    Had a quick look ,the best seats on offer are in the lower stand at the opposite end to the stage.
    144 euro per ticket ,ridiculous money for bad seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

does anyone know if ID is required to gain entry if these tickets are passed onto someone else?TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

moonstruck wrote: »
    does anyone know if ID is required to gain entry if these tickets are passed onto someone else?TIA

Not as far as I am aware but the Aviva has changed promoters for concerts so this might change.

If there is an issue with the ticket when you try to gain entry, there is nothing that can be done as the person that purchased them would not be present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Not as far as I am aware but the Aviva has changed promoters for concerts so this might change.

If there is an issue with the ticket when you try to gain entry, there is nothing that can be done as the person that purchased them would not be present.

what about sellers picture ID / copy of card details, would that help gain entry?

No ,you dont need any ID ,there are no restrictions on the event unlike ED Sheerans recent tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i imagine theres no support and the gates will open at around 6.30 with Billy coming on at 8pm sharp

Picture This are playing in the RDS the same night, theres going to be chaos around the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

what about sellers picture ID / copy of card details, would that help gain entry?

Yes. If the ticket did not work at the turnstiles you will be sent to ticketmaster and they will try and sort it.

I will know about ID on entry at some point in the next week but as I said it is unlikely unless there is a problem with the ticket.

Doors open at 6.30pm and Billy comes on stage at 8pm sharp no support

• Advertisement

Just tried for tickets again and offered row X on the pitch - which does not seem too bad at all.

€136 plus booking fee though!!

Anyone who's been holding out for improved seating, give it a go...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Hi guys, would love to go to see Billy but due to a new job wasn't sure if I would have the time off. Have this weekend off and seen these tickets below available. Would they be worth it? Any advice would be appreciated as I'm not sure the quality of the seats. Thank you.

Sec COMS
    Row B, Seats 31-32
    €136.00 ea
    Buy
    WEST STAND - LOWER, ORANGE ROUTE STILE F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

THIS SATURDAY - AVIVA STADIUM, DUBLIN

Legendary musician Billy Joel will return to Ireland this weekend to play the Aviva Stadium this Saturday 23 June in what will be his only Irish appearance in 2018.

• Billy Joel will be on stage at 8pm sharp

• Please note there is no support / opening act. Doors open 6.30pm

• Please do not bring a bag unless it is totally necessary. People without bags will be fast-tracked. if you must bring a bag it needs to be smaller than A4 size. Bags under A4 size will be subject to a search which will result in unnecessary queueing. Bags over A4 size will not be allowed in the stadium.

• There are a limited number of tickets available from Ticketmaster.

• We strongly advise fans not to purchase tickets from any secondary sellers / websites. We cannot guarantee that tickets listed on these sites or on sale from secondary sellers are valid or actually exist. The only way to guarantee legitimate tickets is to purchase from the official ticket seller for this event Ticketmaster.

• People arriving after the start of the concert may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance.

• This is a residential area so we ask ticket holders to please respect the privacy of the residents and respect the local community.

• This is an outdoor event please keep watch on the weather forecast and dress accordingly. Umbrellas are not permitted in the stadium.

• Plan your journey to the venue by visiting www.transportforireland.ie

• We strongly advise the use of public transport. Plan your journey online from anywhere in Ireland to the Aviva Stadium via the Aviva Stadium Journey Planner http://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here

• An Garda Siochana have devised a traffic management plan for this concert. For full details please check the following website: www.garda.ie

• Aviva Stadium is well served by public transport. Bus Rail, DART and LUAS transport options can all bring you within walking distance of the stadium. Details are available at:

www.dublinbus.ie
    www.irishrail.ie
    www.luas.ie
    (Please note the extension of the LUAS Green Line from the South of the City to O’Connell Street and Parnell Street)

• Please use city centre car parks: details of which can be found on the parking and taxis section of www.dublintown.ie/get-around

• Please check the following websites for all the latest event updates:

www.aikenpromotions.com
    www.avivastadium.ie
    www.ticketmaster.ie
    www.garda.ie

Been to Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters this week and heading to this Saturday

Going to be a completely different musical experience but Billy is one of the all greatest songwriters and it's sure to be a good night

How's his voice been holding up this year does anyone knw ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Been to Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters this week and heading to this Saturday

Going to be a completely different musical experience but Billy is one of the all greatest songwriters and it's sure to be a good night

How's his voice been holding up this year does anyone knw ??

I've seen him in the garden 3 times in the last year, voice is in fine form. His backing band are out of this ****ing world.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I've seen him in the garden 3 times in the last year, voice is in fine form. His backing band are out of this ****ing world.

good to hear

Im getting the train into Hueston at 3.30 and wondering is getting the luas to the point and then walking to the stadium the best option ???.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It doesn't take that long, but it's a bit of a trek from the 3Arena to the Aviva via the East Link and Sean Moore Road. I'd get off the Luas at Connolly, get on a DART and go to Lansdowne Road.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Very lucky to have gotten two tickets to this last minute.

We're travelling from donegal, anybody have any ideas what our best bet for parking might be?

Normally if we go to the Aviva, we're staying in town after, so we walk/get the dart. Not sure what our best option is here when we're going up and down.

Thanks in advance!

Loads of parking in the roads around the American Embassy if you are happy to drive into town.

I think free on a Saturday in that area if not, it'll only be paid till 6pm and you can pay for up to 3 hours at the meters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Very lucky to have gotten two tickets to this last minute.

We're travelling from donegal, anybody have any ideas what our best bet for parking might be?

Normally if we go to the Aviva, we're staying in town after, so we walk/get the dart. Not sure what our best option is here when we're going up and down.

Thanks in advance!

Lots of free parking in Irishtown and Ringsend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

He still plays a lot of shows and usually has a good few days rest between shows, i would expect him to be in good form and he loves playing in Ireland so i would say it will be a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

AfterLife wrote: »
    Lots of free parking in Irishtown and Ringsend.

Cheers for this! Would parking here and getting the dart to the Aviva be the option? Sorry I'm totally clueless here, I've never driven home after a gig in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Bought the tickets whenever they came out last year and just looked at them for the first time today. In Block 524 Row t, which is pretty high around the halfway line.

Been to a lot of rugby in the Aviva but never a concert. Is the sound generally ok? I see there are still better tickets available on Ticketmaster but we no chance of shifting the ones I have already and upgrade doesn't really sound like an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Was at the Aviva for a work yolk earlier in the week and got a pic of the stage being setup

aviva-joel.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Cheers for this! Would parking here and getting the dart to the Aviva be the option? Sorry I'm totally clueless here, I've never driven home after a gig in the Aviva.

You don't need a dart. You can walk to all the entrances in 10 minutes.

Toast wrote: »
    Was at the Aviva for a work yolk earlier in the week and got a pic of the stage being setup

It looks very neat and blends in well with the lower stand behind it unlike Croke Park which looks terrible with Hill 16 behind the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Really getting excited for this now, the garden shows are awesome, but outdoors in the sunshine with hopefully 40,000+ should be awesome, and I've still never heard keeping the faith.......

If Downeaster Alexa is one of the songs the crowd is given a choice in relation to, please choose it, thanks in advance :)

Yeah looking forward to it

Had tickets for the 2013 3arena show but had to sell them

Looking forward to the hits like Piano man, can't start the fire, my life, downeaster Alexa etc

Should be in Dublin by 3.30pm and hopefully have a pint or 2 ðŸ˜

Edit- balls on anti biotics for my teeth and can't drink on them. Ah well

• Advertisement

hopefully have a pint or 2 ðŸ˜

Edit- balls on anti biotics for my teeth and can't drink on them. Ah well

Ah it means you'll only need one pint.

Advertisement