Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

council house

Options
  • 01-10-2017 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

my partner and i want to move in together im currently in a council house and have 4 kids(not his). my partner owns a 2 bed house which he doesnt want to sell as its in negative equity does anyone know if he will b allowed move in with me with him being a house owner. His house is too small obviously for us all to live in and iv been in this house 12 years and dont want to uproot the kids and give up my stable home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Accommodation & Property forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

olibearz81 wrote: »
    my partner and i want to move in together im currently in a council house and have 4 kids(not his). my partner owns a 2 bed house which he doesnt want to sell as its in negative equity does anyone know if he will b allowed move in with me with him being a house owner. His house is too small obviously for us all to live in and iv been in this house 12 years and dont want to uproot the kids and give up my stable home

I dont see anything wrong with my tax money been used to house a man that owns his own property !! I assume you wont be telling the housing people of this fact ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 olibearz81

what makes you think we dont pay taxes ourselves you can also work while you live in a council house too astonishing as it might be

• Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

He will likely be allowed to move in but not go on the lease.

His income will be taken account of in the rent calculation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He currently owns a dwelling so its not going to happen

• Advertisement
Advertisement