Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending my contract

Options
  • 01-10-2017 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi i recently got the letter about the increased monthly charges. I decided to withdraw from my contract with eir and called to confirm the same on 29/09/17. I have received no written confirmation of this by email and I am wondering if i should have?
    How long should the process take?

Upon reading some of the issues on here I would like to be dealt with fairly and 'withdraw from my contract without penalty'

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

theflash wrote: »
    Hi i recently got the letter about the increased monthly charges. I decided to withdraw from my contract with eir and called to confirm the same on 29/09/17. I have received no written confirmation of this by email and I am wondering if i should have?
    How long should the process take?

Upon reading some of the issues on here  I would like to be dealt with fairly and 'withdraw from my contract without penalty'

Thanks
    Hi there,

Thnks for getting in touch. Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM so I can check if the cancellation of your account is going ahead as you requested, please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭theflash

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thnks for getting in touch. Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM so I can check if the cancellation of your account is going ahead as you requested, please?

- Adam

Hi Adam

Thanks for your reply.
    Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi there,

- Adam

Hi Adam

Thanks for your reply.
    Pm sent
    Thanks, I'll pass this on to Adam and he will come back to you shortly through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Joke of a company. Messed up my cancellation. Put me on another 18 month sim only contract when i wanted out of it altogether. After 20 phone calls and going back and forth to eir store i still cant get my number ported to prepay. Eir store staff says you must do it over the phone. Phone staff say it must be done in store. Just been in an eir store the staff member saying now she is not trained in porting numbers. Come on what is going on.

Joke of a company. Messed up my cancellation. Put me on another 18 month sim only contract when i wanted out of it altogether. After 20 phone calls and going back and forth to eir store i still cant get my number ported to prepay.  Eir store staff says you must do it over the phone. Phone staff say it must be done in store. Just been in an eir store the staff member saying now she is not trained in porting numbers. Come on what is going on.
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I've checked your account for you (I had your account number in a PM from the previous conversation we had) and the porting of your number was completed yesterday.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I've checked your account for you (I had your account number in a PM from the previous conversation we had) and the porting of your number was completed yesterday.

- Adam

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah went to one store the girl wasn't trained on porting. Got sorted in another store.

Hi,

- Adam

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah went to one store the girl wasn't trained on porting. Got sorted in another store.
    Glad to hear it's been sorted for you.

- Adam

- Adam

Hi adam

Could i get a copy of my last few bills. I can't access my eir anymore. Pdf or hard copy.

Thanks

- Adam

Hi adam

Could i get a copy of my last few bills. I can't access my eir anymore. Pdf or hard copy.

Thanks
    No problem. I've arranged for a hard copy of your last 3 bills sent out to you. Is this O.K or do you need more?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mambaman

Hi Adam can you please help me cancel my account. It's the last day and I haven't had any look getting in touch with anyone else. Please

• Advertisement

No problem. I've arranged for a hard copy of your last 3 bills sent out to you. Is this O.K or do you need more?

- Adam

No that's perfect Adam.
    thanks for your help.

- Adam

No that's perfect Adam.
    thanks for your help.
    No worries.

- Adam

Mambaman wrote: »
    Hi Adam can you please help me cancel my account. It's the last day and I haven't had any look getting in touch with anyone else.  Please
    Hi Mambaman,

Sorry to hear you're closing your account with us. I'm afraid I couldn't arrange for this to be closed from here, you would need to give us a ring about this. Apologies if the hold time is quite long to get through to an agent, however, the hold times can be longer during busier periods.

- Adam

- Adam

Hi adam

Still havent received any copies of bills. I would like to see what I'm being charged for before i settle my final bill.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

- Adam

Hi adam

Still havent received any copies of bills. I would like to see what I'm being charged for before i settle my final bill.

Thanks
    Hi theflash, 

Apologies for the delay in getting these bills to you. I have sent them to you there now. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi im still getting bills off eir months after i cancelled. The value is -€44. Does this mean eir owes me that amount. Tried numerous times to ring, this just seems to be a waste of time. Could someone check this for me or could i get an email or even postal address to get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

+1 I see €44 owed on my account after switching to sky broadband in January. Then today we I see €13 taken out my account via DD for what I dont know.

Rang customer case but since account number not in use I get the run around. Not good Eir, please PM me to start a case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

trigger26 wrote: »
    +1 I see €44 owed on my account after switching to sky broadband in January. Then today we I see €13 taken out my account via DD for what I dont know.

Rang customer case but since account number not in use I get the run around. Not good Eir, please PM me to start a case.
    Hi trigger26 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement