Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you look for in New tenants?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I'm sorry folks, but there is a huge misconception that high rent and "professional" tenants equals clean, tidy well looked after properties, in exactly the same way there is the misconception that all people on HAP or whatever wreck the place.
    I am in and out of rented apartments in Dublin every week, from the lowest to the highest and have seen almost everything inbetween.
    Because of my work I get to see what most Landlords or people will never see, and it so surprising, good and bad, what is behind some of those front doors.

From my own personal experiences, and speaking to fellow landlords anecdotally that I know in my own circle, the emboldened pieces have held true the vast majority of times. Especially true for apartments (my main investment mode up to now). I hear the argument the odd time that professional tenants don't "do the garden" or whatever but that's fine by me, include 50-75 quid per month in the rent and pay someone to do it. Small price to pay for someone who is paying for the service (tenancy) from their own pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I'm sorry folks, but there is a huge misconception that high rent and "professional" tenants equals clean, tidy well looked after properties, in exactly the same way there is the misconception that all people on HAP or whatever wreck the place.
    I am in and out of rented apartments in Dublin every week, from the lowest to the highest and have seen almost everything inbetween.
    Because of my work I get to see what most Landlords or people will never see, and it so surprising, good and bad, what is behind some of those front doors.

I don't disagree with this. But for the over-holders and the people who absolutely trash a place, those who work can usually be made to pay. That's the fundamental difference.

Advertisement