Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top up Meter not working - about to run out of electricity

Options
  • 01-10-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I topped up on Friday using my iPhone app as I have done all year. Instead of one long number sequence I got two.

When I inputted the first number the meter said: Rejected and with the second it said: Error.

I emailed the service@ email and called 1850 30 10 30 which is apparently 'out of use' (but still the help tel. number on the app). I then called 1850 372 372 and was told the line was temporarily out of use.

So I topped up again and this time got one long number, and when I inputted it it said: Rejected, again.

I have emailed again and called 1850 372 372 with no option of speaking to a representative.

I have gone past the emergency credit and am now ready for my supply to be cut first thing Monday morning, even though I've done everything correctly.

Please advise as to how I can get this sorted and avoid time without electric supply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You may need to imput the full sequence of numbers from your first top up all in the one go.
    Normally you might have 20 digits, but if there is a price change you get issued with a much longer sequence in order to update the system.
    Go back to the extra long number and key it all in and see if that sorts it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daisy333

Thanks, bless you, K.Flyer, that sorted it.

It's crazy that electric Ireland don't tell customers a simple: Once in a while you may receive a longer update number. Would've avoided a lot of hassle and phone credit expenditure for me this weekend.

Hopefully this post will help others in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Daisy333,

Thank you for getting in touch. Many thanks K.Flyer for your help also.

We are available here on Boards.ie and our other Social Media channels until 6pm Monday to Friday. The 1850 372 372 telephone number is the one to call for a Pay As You Go (PAYG) query - those phone lines are open until 8pm Monday to Saturday.

The email team respond after a number of working days.

Apologies for the 1850 30 10 30 telephone number inclusion - this number is no longer in use. We will pass this error to the relevant department.

Communication was sent to customers who have the manual top-up PAYG meter regarding the 40-digit code being required to reconfigure their meter for the government PSO levy change. Apologies if you did not receive this communication on time. We can check into it further for you if you wish.

The Electric Ireland Smarter Pay As You Go meters do not require inputting a code manually - they update automatically by themselves. If you are interested in changing to Smarter PAYG, contact the PAYG Sales team on 1850 30 50 95.

If you have any other queries, please let us know.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daisy333

Thank you for your reply Una

It took five months and many requests to even receive the card with the account number after I initially got the meter set up. There was no mention of a longer number.

It would be helpful to have this information in your FAQ - I looked at the weekend to no avail.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Daisy333,

Apologies for the delay in receiving your card. Thank you for getting in touch with this feedback.

If you have any other queries, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement