Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air bnb

Options
  • 01-10-2017 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Anyone here do air bnb for a ski holiday, I'm looking now for January and it seems fairly cheap compared to booking an apartment on booking.com etc. Am i missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

It generally is cheaper but you need to read the house rules and see what you are getting.

Some houses you just rent a room with the owners still there and other give you the full house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Got an an apartment through air bnb last year in Sauze

Worked out cheaper than a hotel or apartment on the usual websites

As said, make sure you're getting the whole apartment rather than just a room. Check that it has wifi, read the previous reviews etc...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Used it for an apartment in L2A last year was fine but you do have to read the details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Thanks all. It doesn't matter how you do it, skiing is still massively expensive :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thanks all. It doesn't matter how you do it, skiing is still massively expensive :(

for L2A we flew to Lyon for £20 a head plus baggage (£30 or £40) from Belfast, rented a car and then AirBnB'd it. Was terribly expensive all things considered. Did a cheap Soll trip as well before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Rew wrote: »
    for L2A we flew to Lyon for £20 a head plus baggage (£30 or £40) from Belfast, rented a car and then AirBnB'd it. Was terribly expensive all things considered. Did a cheap Soll trip as well before.

I'm stuck with school holidays unfortunately...

Advertisement