Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ordinary Foundation - comparison to other foundations

Options
  • 01-10-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I'm using Estee Lauder double wear in Ecru 1N2 - looking for some advice as to similar The Ordinary Foundation shades?

All the comparisons are for Mac shades which I've never used.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I've always found this website great for comparing shades.

https://findation.com

Haven't tried the ordinary foundation yet but have loved any of the skin care I've tried, so looking forward to giving the foundation a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I can't help you with the shades but serum foundation is pretty forgiving and couple of shades can work. I tried a few and I am actually mixing two of them together at the moment. The serum foundation is currently my favorite foundation (just ahead of Armani Silk Luminous foundation), I also ordered coverage one by mistake and I absolutely hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I use that shade in DW and I bought 1.1 and 1.2p in The Ordinary. There isn't a huge amount of difference between the two shades.

While it's not as full coverage as DW it's still a nice foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I have both the serum and coverage foundations from The Ordinary. Sorry I can't remember what shades they are, I'm not at home. But I much prefer the Serum one, it gives a much nicer finish on the skin. It actually gives pretty decent coverage IMO but just has a nice finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Are they very dewy? I saw some YouTube reviews that said they don't set down well. I'd be very oily wondering is it worth a punt?

• Advertisement

I bought both the Serum and Coverage foundations when they were realised earlier this year. I kinda kept forgetting about them since, I've been happy using my Catrice and Wet n Wild foundations. But with recent posts here about the foundations I said to myself I must make more of an effort to use them properly.
    I don't mind the Serum foundation, it's light coverage so for me it will be for days where I want something on my face to make me look alive.

I said I would wear the Coverage foundation all this week and see how it goes. It's only Tuesday and I'm not impressed so far. It just seems to sit on my skin, it doesn't dry down or set. It just moves all over the place. I applied it at 8:30 yesterday and when I went on lunch at 1:30, it looked streaky from applying it with a makeup brush and as soon as I touched it, it rubbed off on my finger. This morning applying it, it was still leaving brush marks and moving around my face. It's not full coverage, maybe medium at a push as I can still see a spot on my face that I didn't have time to conceal.

I'm not mad on the primer I've been using either, it's one from Elf so I'm going to try a different primer tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I said I would wear the Coverage foundation all this week and see how it goes. It's only Tuesday and I'm not impressed so far. It just seems to sit on my skin, it doesn't dry down or set. It just moves all over the place. I applied it at 8:30 yesterday and when I went on lunch at 1:30, it looked streaky from applying it with a makeup brush and as soon as I touched it, it rubbed off on my finger. This morning applying it, it was still leaving brush marks and moving around my face. It's not full coverage, maybe medium at a push as I can still see a spot on my face that I didn't have time to conceal.

I'm not mad on the primer I've been using either, it's one from Elf so I'm going to try a different primer tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.

I found this happened to me when I started using it as well. What do you apply it with? I was using a stipple brush but when I switched to a beauty blender I got a much nicer finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Ordinary serum foundation is currently my favourite ahead of Armani's luminous silk foundation. I find Ordinary great around wrinkles - there is no streakiness. I do get a bit more shine with Ordinary than some other foundations. DW foundation doesn't suit me at all.

I wouldn't be a big user of full coverage foundations and The Ordinary one is among the worst I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I've tried both serum and coverage and I too found that it just doesn't dry down for me - stays dewy and moves around really easily. In saying that, I have oily skin so would imagine that this would be great for dry or mature skins.
    Wouldn't have bothered with them to be honest had I known that was the finish.

I used the Coverage foundation all last week for work. Don't like it. The first two days I wore it with an Elf primer which I didn't like. I changed primer on Wednesday to The Ordinary spreadable primer (it's the one with a dropper). I like this primer and the foundation wasn't as bad as the previous days with it. But the foundation just doesn't set, it doesn't dry down. If you touch your face it comes off on your fingertips, you can actually just move the product around your face later in the day! When I got in from work and had a quick check it was so patchy and awful on my nose. I used a setting spray one of the days but that made no difference,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I've found both the serum and coverage quite good.

Used serum Mon-Fri and coverage at the weekend last week and I was impressed. Don't know if I'll be switching full time from Sheer Glow but maybe for work.

I do have quite dry skin so I haven't found it moving around too much on me. Overall, for €6 I think it's handy to have in my makeup bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement