Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers as brand ambassadors

• 01-10-2017 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is the title brand ambassador losing it's significance in the sense that brands now use multiple bloggers to be their brand ambassador? Take for e.g. this supposed fantastic Italian skin care range Dibi Milano. MUF made an unnecessary build up to a big reveal as being their official brand ambassador. Dibi Milanos most recent post on instagram refer to peaches Og (Cliona Kelly) being their brand ambassador. Lisa's Lust List is off to Milan to work with them too. I feel it's a bit of a case of "can the real brand ambassador please stand up?". Why does MUF call herself the official brand ambassador? Are the others unofficial ambassadors? Kerrigan Foods is another one where MUF claims to be their brand ambassador but yet they refer to Siobhan O' Hagan as their brand ambassador. Is the title really just a sly way of sponsoring multiple bloggers to promote products? The world of blogging and sponsorship is gone so shady that it is hard to figure out what is really going on at times.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Kerrigan s actually have a good few brand ambassadors, if you Google kerrigan s foods brand ambassadors, they list them all. I was surprised, thought it was just MUF but Roz Purcell is one and a few more I recognise.
    And Lisas lust list announced she was one of 3 Irish brand ambassadors for the dibi milano stuff, which is fair enough. I prefer that type of openness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Kerrigan s actually have a good few brand ambassadors, if you Google kerrigan s foods brand ambassadors, they list them all. I was surprised, thought it was just MUF but Roz Purcell is one and a few more I recognise.
    And Lisas lust list announced she was one of 3 Irish brand ambassadors for the dibi milano stuff, which is fair enough. I prefer that type of openness.

I don't understand what MUF means by being the official brand ambassador for Dibi Milano then? Are the others not as important as her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

It's like official Toyota dealers. They need to be official and the number will be limited but there can be many!

strandroad wrote: »
    It's like official Toyota dealers. They need to be official and the number will be limited but there can be many!

Just a case potentially of MUF making herself seem like a bigger deal than the others then who don't refer to themselves as "official".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

ratmouse wrote: »
    Just a case potentially of MUF making herself seem like a bigger deal than the others then who don't refer to themselves as "official".

Most likely, they all need to be official as in they can't just claim it otherwise. I don't know these people or the brand but this is how the ambassador thing usually works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I found it odd that MUF is an ambassador for the childhood cancer charity not sure of proper title. It she has, that I've noticed at least, only mentioned it once since she started that role. God for something like that you would imagine she would have more involvement. Maybe she does behind the scenes but when your in her position in the public eye should you not make more awareness to it? Maybe I'm wrong!

Maybe the brand ambassador thing is so they get away without having to use #ad and it wont come across so obvious to people!

idunno78 wrote: »
    I found it odd that MUF is an ambassador for the childhood cancer charity not sure of proper title. It she has, that I've noticed at least, only mentioned it once since she started that role. God for something like that you would imagine she would have more involvement. Maybe she does behind the scenes but when your in her position in the public eye should you not make more awareness to it? Maybe I'm wrong!

Maybe the brand ambassador thing is so they get away without having to use #ad and it wont come across so obvious to people!

I only recall one initial mention of this charity too when she became the ambassador. Not a mention since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

She mentioned it last week in her snaps jus maybe 2/3. That's what made me think of it!!

Maeve Madden is brand ambassador for cocoa brown and I remember her saying in holiday she Doesn't like wearing tan!! In general or while in holidays can't remember which!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Is it just me or is the title brand ambassador losing it's significance in the sense that brands now use multiple bloggers to be their brand ambassador? Take for e.g. this supposed fantastic Italian skin care range Dibi Milano. MUF made an unnecessary build up to a big reveal as being their official brand ambassador. Dibi Milanos most recent post on instagram refer to peaches Og (Cliona Kelly) being their brand ambassador. Lisa's Lust List is off to Milan to work with them too. I feel it's a bit of a case of "can the real brand ambassador please stand up?". Why does MUF call herself the official brand ambassador? Are the others unofficial ambassadors? Kerrigan Foods is another one where MUF claims to be their brand ambassador but yet they refer to Siobhan O' Hagan as their brand ambassador. Is the title really just a sly way of sponsoring multiple bloggers to promote products? The world of blogging and sponsorship is gone so shady that it is hard to figure out what is really going on at times.

MUF and Siobhan OH get money if their 10% off codes are used when placing orders. Its the same with Siobhan and that my protein stuff. She get smoney each time her code is used. No wonder they harp on so much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

TBH I think MUF tried to downplay the fact that there were other 'ambassadors' in Ireland for Dibi Milano. The way she created a huge build up, and never mentioned there would be other ladies on the trip seems to me that she wanted to appear as the only chosen person to do it. In fact, I assumed she was until I see Dibi Milano Irelands insta stories that showed the other ambassadors. I feel like she tends to overblow things a little bit TBH. I'm thinking the rise of using the phrase 'brand ambassador' is another attempt to get around ASAI rules re #ad and #spon. Henceforth, when I hear 'brand ambassador' I am going to assume they have numerous bloggers/influencers working with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Muf always carries on like she’s an A lister .. no disrespect to the other two bloggers she was on the trip
    With but they are hardly big name bloggers so it seems the company will take any blogger... faces by grace was promoting them last week that shows they are not fussy about who they use to promote their products ..

I thought after the hair discussion MUF would be making a turnaround and would become more relatable but no she’s still as filtered and robotic as ever ..
    And why is her boyfriend all
    Over her snap he reeks of desperation for a bit of attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Dzylan goes to full events with Sue, or at least he has in the past. I vividly remember him at a Benefit event in London with her. Just her, a load of make up bloggers and Dzylan..sitting there...on a boat ....in the Thames.... while a make up demo was going on. I cringed so hard I gave myself a spasm. Like I get he's her business partner or whatever so fair enough going to London, but in all honesty, he's not the face of the company. It's not SoSueMe & Dzylan. The fact he's married to her is irrelevant.
    These super independent business women who can't go anywhere without their men

For some reason, Paul annoys me far more than Dylan. Dylan usually stays in the background and is actually very quiet. If he goes to things with Sue, he doesn't put it all over his social media feed. Paul on the other hand is more visible than MUF herself almost. He is taking over in a big way. So much for being a smart business woman but she can't see he is heavily using her platform and following for his own promotion. This brand ambassador gig with the Italian skin care range seems anything but big time as the other bloggers are hardly bug names. Looks to me like since MUF chased over to London after him, work seems less and she'll take anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Yeah I thought MUF had seen the light and was able to relate to her for the first time in years last week, but it seems it went in one ear and out the other. Disappointing, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Just wondering, are there any big Italian makeup/beauty bloggers? There must me some! I'm just surprised that a new brand would pick three Irish bloggers as brand ambassadors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

ciaradx wrote: »
    Just wondering, are there any big Italian makeup/beauty bloggers? There must me some! I'm just surprised that a new brand would pick three Irish bloggers as brand ambassadors.

I think it’s because they are only now launching in the Irish and UK market.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

ciaradx wrote: »

I think they are the 3 Irish brand ambassadors. So each country might have a few, but those 3 will be pushing it on Irish audiences? I could be totally wrong though !

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

For some reason, Paul annoys me far more than Dylan. Dylan usually stays in the background and is actually very quiet. If he goes to things with Sue, he doesn't put it all over his social media feed. Paul on the other hand is more visible than MUF herself almost. He is taking over in a big way. So much for being a smart business woman but she can't see he is heavily using her platform and following for his own promotion.

Despite any other opinions I've ever had about Sue, herself and Dylan seem completely solid. He's happy to be in the background and support her. On the other hand, Paul competes with MUF for screen time and followers.

Advertisement