Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling insurance

Options
  • 01-10-2017 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

I've taken out a commercial insurance policy with chill insurance, does anyone know if you cancel within the 14 days, can it be done over the phone or do they need written confirmation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Most policies state that the cancellation only takes effect when they get the cert and disc back.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

coylemj wrote: »
    Most policies state that the cancellation only takes effect when they get the cert and disc back.

I haven't got the paper work yet that they send out requesting my licence and details like that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Download the policy document from their website, they all have a section dealing with cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a general cooling-off period for 14 days, but you probably still need to send everything back asap.
    https://www.chill.ie/car-insurance/faqs/
    Is it possible to cancel my car insurance policy?
    Yes, you can cancel at any time by returning your insurance certificate and disc along with a written request to cancel your policy. We'll arrange the cancellation once we receive your documents. Always ensure you check the costs of the termination. You may be penalised and charged short period rates for terminating the contract early.

Just ring them and ask, they won't bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Just an update. Because they had not issued a certificate yet I just had to email them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement