Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious amount of black birds - crows?

Options
  • 01-10-2017 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

What's with the SERIOUS amount of black birds around the hospital? There's hundreds !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

What's with the SERIOUS amount of black birds around the hospital? There's hundreds !

They nest in the woods in the middle of Waterville. At dusk it's like a scene from the birds, the sky goes black and the noise is incredible, the reverse at dawn. I've lived in Waterville for 13 years and it still is a spectacular sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Always is. I live in Waterville too and it is spooky walking in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭PoppedPopcorn

Caranica wrote: »
    They nest in the woods in the middle of Waterville. At dusk it's like a scene from the birds, the sky goes black and the noise is incredible, the reverse at dawn. I've lived in Waterville for 13 years and it still is a spectacular sight.

Thanks ! Really freaked me out seeing it for the first time ha. Was amazing tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭PoppedPopcorn

amtc wrote: »
    Always is. I live in Waterville too and it is spooky walking in.

Memories of the movie "birds" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

It really freaks my Mam out so she refuses to visit me during bird season. This is not necessarily a bad thing! (I do love her really).

They tend to perch on the top of the tallest blocks in Garnish Square. I've lived here 14 years and it's really only this time of year it happens. However each year is as reliable as the ice cream van that appears at 3.26pm each day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement