Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDST secondment

Options
  • 01-10-2017 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone on here ever gone to the PDST for secondment (or maybe known someone who has). I've heard some good reports / that it is a great opportunity / that it is often tough to get a position / often leads to other leadership opportunities down the road such as deputy Principal etc

Just interested to hear how you found the transition from classroom / being on the road / the work etc

You can pm if you don't want to post here.

Thanks for any advise you can offer.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was supporting a minority subject in my own time and at my own expense, offering training that the PDST do and did not. I had previously been covered by my employer to offer this, but retired early. I asked the PDST only for help covering my petrol costs and they refused.

Marvellous group of folks.

Advertisement