Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claims impact on car insurance

Options
  • 01-10-2017 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I was very unfortunately the last 3 years with 2 car accident happened. The first one was nearly 3 years ago whereas I run into back of delivery van (large enough in size) in a very slow speed (<15 KM per hour). Even though I do not understand how as he was in a VAN with a very minor hit, but the driver made a claim on Personal Injury. It is more than 2 years now the claim is still open. Recently, I had another accident whereas when i was waiting for a right turn at yellow box and only made my turn when the opposite direction car had stopped to give me right way but a motorbike came from side hit me at full speed. I'm very sure that he wasn't in the possible sight of my check before i started the car to make the turn, think he was driving pretty fast so only by seconds he was already at me. Thanks god though, we both are generally fine, no serious issues, he took a taxi home after so did I. Anyway, it looks like going to be my fault again!

I'm loosing my sleep since then because I'm very worried that I will not be able to afford to drive when my insurance come to renewal due to its too expensive. I'm very worried that with 2 claims in 3 years they'll charge me thousands for it.

My question is that, if, at renewal in few months time, that, they are charging, say >5K, if I stop driving for a couple of years (i.e. not to insurance a car), will I be in a better position then? What i mean is that even after say 2 years later, when i insure again insurance company will treat me as newbie so no no NCB, but would it at least be no claims loading so still cheaper than now?

Thanks all in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Only your insurance company can answer any question on premiums and I don't think you will have many alternatives. As for your bonus, after 2 accidents, you don't have one to lose if you stop driving.

Your accidents will have to be disclosed to potential insurers from between 3 to 5 years of their occurrance

Advertisement