Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft - Virtual Viewing

Options
  • 02-10-2017 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

I've noticed Daft have a new option under sales called "Virtual Viewing". It basically lets you view the house virtually. So far only one house up but the website says more will be added each week.

This is the property that currently has it up: http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/blackrock/belisama-43a-woodlands-park-blackrock-dublin-1544307/#virtual-tour

nice house but a bit (LOT!) outside any budget I could afford! I guess its the way technology is going nowadays but I personally would feel a bit uncomfortable seeing my house like this. I've no particular reason why I'd feel that way that I can put my finger on. I guess it just feels a bit intrusive which is a bit silly I know given any one could view at open viewing any way. I wonder how easy/difficult it is to set up and how expensive it is.

What's everyone else think, do you see it taking off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Can see it becoming popular for the anywhere that doesn't want multiple visits. This is done once, and you may only need to show someone for a "final viewing", as opposed to several a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I can see that becoming really handy for the people that want to relocate. Can save you hours in driving when you have this and can rule something out beforehand. Have the virtual viewing option, one or two open dates and that's it.
    Don't really understand why this isn't a big thing already. 2017, baby!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

LirW wrote: »
    Don't really understand why this isn't a big thing already. 2017, baby!

Look at the camera they use, you can see it in a couple of the mirrors. I'd guess the price of that camera and associated software is one of the reasons why.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

Great for estate agents, potential buyers and future burglars.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

That's a great idea.
    A lot of properties not even going on daft now though.

• Advertisement

__..__ wrote: »
    That's a great idea.
    A lot of properties not even going on daft now though.

Where are they going?

I always thought that 99% of houses for sale are captured on Daft.
    I never even bother to look at other sites (myhome.ie/ property.ie although I did think that 1 or both of those are using the daft database)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

I photograph a lot of residential properties and saw this being advertised.. Around €4k plus a monthly fee for hosting the videos.. Its hard enough at times to get people to pay for professional photos but the cost & time involved in creating these virtual tours mean they probably are only warranted for the >€1 million properties?

Homer wrote: »
    I photograph a lot of residential properties and saw this being advertised.. Around €4k plus a monthly fee for hosting the videos.. Its hard enough at times to get people to pay for professional photos but the cost & time involved in creating these virtual tours mean they probably are only warranted for the >€1 million properties?

I checked it up after reading this thread. The overall cost of the system is very low for what you get IMO - the monthly fees do not seem bad and are pretty flexible.

From reading about the system I'm guessing it would take 3/4 hours min to finish a house, this is where the costs will rack up for an auctioneer.
    The still photos from the camera are not good enough so you would still need photographs...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

Where are they going?

I never even bother to look at other sites (myhome.ie/ property.ie although I did think that 1 or both of those are using the daft database)

Sorry. Meant for rentals. I'm sure they are going on for sales

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

This will get a lot cheaper and quicker over the next few years, and may be standard in a decade or so. The 360 degree cameras they’re using are newish, expensive, and not very good, but that’s changing rapidly. You can actually get on which attaches to a phone, now, though it’s reportedly not great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Homer wrote: »
    Around €4k plus a monthly fee for hosting the videos..
    Ouch! Can see a few people undercutting the 4k, using less expensive cameras, and less hosting expensive plans;.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Sarn

There was one property we were interested in a few months ago and they had a walk through video of the house. Very nicely done.
    Where are they going?

In relation to house sales, my experience is that MyHome has more properties.

Advertisement