Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vegas shooting incident

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Police scanner suggesting many dead. Not going to be good this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Police scanner suggesting many dead. Not going to be good this.

Ya, just following things on twitter. It looks and sounds awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

BBC r5 saying multiple shooter and multiple casualties being reported. Definitely not looking good.

Police scanners saying shooters in 5 possible locations aswell as rumours of explosives in at least one hotel.

Watching videos from the concert, the death toll from this is going to be huge I think.

• Advertisement

Horrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

One shooter dead in the mandalay on 32nd floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Scary. I hope the death toll isn't as high as it's being reported.

This will keep happening though. You can't fill a country with guns and not expect lunacy like this to happen regularly. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly spouting crap about the second amendment but it's time to grow up frankly. Reportedly, these people fired AK-47's into the crowd. Fully automatic weapons. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Watching videos from the concert, the death toll from this is going to be huge I think.

Guy listening on police scanner said could be 60 so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kirby wrote: »

This will keep happening though. You can't fill a country with guns and not expect lunacy like this to happen regularly. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly spouting crap about the second amendment but it's time to grow up frankly. Reportedly, these people fired AK-47's into the crowd. Fully automatic weapons. Crazy.

I suspect like many that these nuts belong to a certain religion

• Advertisement

Reports on twitter (I know) announcing the name and a photo of a suspected shooter. I am not sure of the rules on this site so won't put the name here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

ricero wrote: »
    Kirby wrote: »

Bit early to say that given it's in America.

If the twitter reports are to be believed then no, I don't think so this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

It's either Donald Trump supporter or a religion of peace loon

Jesus, watching a video inside a concert and listening to a fully automatic weapon just being emptied, reloaded and emptied again is terrifying. Some people on Reddit say it sounds like an M16.

In another video from inside, it sounded like at least two fully automatics at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was in Laa vegas 5 weeks ago, it is shocking, so unexpected as is all of these type of events.
    Horrific stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Jesus, watching a video inside a concert and listening to a fully automatic weapon just being emptied, reloaded and emptied again is terrifying. Some people on Reddit say it sounds like an M16.

In another video from inside, it sounded like at least two fully automatics at the same time.

Sounds belt fed to me been honest very sustained fire , (could be wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

RobertKK wrote: »
    I was in Laa vegas 5 weeks ago, it is shocking, so unexpected as is all of these type of events.
    Horrific stuff.

yeah, I was there 11 years ago.

I feel so close to this tragedy

The video of before, after, and during the shooting is absolutely terrifying.

• Advertisement

Sure speculation but I'd say BLM or Islamic. It was a country and western festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Christian??? :confused:

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Sure speculation but I'd say BLM or Islamic. It was a country and western festival.

BLM ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Chester Copperpot

yeah, I was there 11 years ago.

I feel so close to this tragedy

I know how you feel, I saw the hangover on TV once so this really hits home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

BLM ?

Black lives matter .

Not sure why though

Gatling wrote: »
    Black lives matter .

Not sure why though

Cheers. I doubt it is that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

BLM ?

Bohemian Liberation Magnates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Black lives matter .

Not sure why though

Cos we are all human beings.

Black lives matter .

Not sure why though

Black people hate country music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭sundodger5

The police are currently heading intonthe mgm grand looking for a second gunman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Saw videos of dozens of cop cars driving towards the scenes.

Even though it's their jobs, it takes some balls.

Multiple gunmen with sub machine guns and you drive directly towards them as fast as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Or an anti-Trumper, like yer man who fired an assault rifle on those Rep politicians a few months back. Or a random nutjob like the church shooter last week. Or a person who doesn't like Mondays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

LVPD do not think there are any more shooters at this time, according to their official Twitter page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Eye witness on Sky news said that two people (a man and a woman) were ejected from the concert because they kept telling people around them they were all going to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Black people hate country music?

yep.. too many confederate flags at those gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

3 options
    1. Violence influenced by video games
    2. Violence influenced by Jesus
    3. Violence influenced by Mohammad

Betting is now open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Swat now running into the mgm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jesus a country music open air concert very odd place for a mass shooting. Hope the fatalities are in the small numbers.

Earlier in this thread, I said it sounded like at least two automatic machine guns in the video but now the police are saying it one suspect.. Guess it was an echo but I could have sworn there were two.

Earlier in this thread, I said it sounded like at least two automatic machine guns in the video but now the police are saying it one suspect.. Guess it was an echo but I could have sworn there were two.

It's uncertain if they know anything for sure - There's reports of one of them being down, but swat police now elsewhere. Could be entirely unrelated, mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's always tonnes of misinformation flying around during these things.

Someone hears there was a shooter at location <x>. 20 minutes later hears there's a shooting at location <y>. Puts the two together and goes on social media claiming "Multiple shooters at locations <x> & <y>".

We see continuously that during the initial stages of these things that the number of people involved and the scale of the destruction is usually overstated by around double.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

It's always the same with these breaking stories, wittnesses give conflicting accounts in the panic and one person turns into five, reports come in of bombs that turn out to be car backfires and false alerts spread like wildfire.
    Invariably it's a minimum of 24 hours before the facts start to emerge so it's not really worth considering reports in breaking news as anything but wild speculation, 90% of which will turn out to be false.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The video was pretty intense. Sounded like someone with an automatic using three whole clips in quick succession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

20 dead, 100 injured Sky News

seamus wrote: »
    There's always tonnes of misinformation flying around during these things.

Someone hears there was a shooter at location <x>. 20 minutes later hears there's a shooting at location <y>. Puts the two together and goes on social media claiming "Multiple shooters at locations <x> & <y>".

We see continuously that during the initial stages of these things that the number of people involved and the scale of the destruction is usually overstated by around double.
    conorhal wrote: »
    It's always the same with these breaking stories, wittnesses give conflicting accounts in the panic and one person turns into five, reports come in of bombs that turn out to be car backfires and false alerts spread like wildfire.
    Invariably it's a minimum of 24 hours before the facts start to emerge so it's not really worth considering reports in breaking news as anything but wild speculation, 90% of which will turn out to be false.

I'm talking about a video I watched from during it.

It quite clearly sounded like two guns at the same time but I must have been wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Over 20 dead shooter was a local according to police

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

'The suspect shooter is dead but his companion Marylou Danley is still at large, according to Joseph Lombardo, the sheriff of the Las Vegas Metropolitan police department.

Lombardo would not give a name for the dead shooter but confirmed he open fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel.'

From the Guardian's updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

The sound of the gunfire in those videos is intense. Prolonged, automatic, powerful gunfire. Considering this was at a large festival I imagine casualties will be very high. Sherrif just announced 20+ dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Jesus a country music open air concert very odd place for a mass shooting. Hope the fatalities are in the small numbers.

is it? concerts of all types are the targets for nutjobs everywhere now

elefant wrote: »
    'The suspect shooter is dead but his companion Marylou Danley is still at large, according to Joseph Lombardo, the sheriff of the Las Vegas Metropolitan police department.

Lombardo would not give a name for the dead shooter but confirmed he open fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel.'

From the Guardian's updates.

Jesus. So they went into the hotel and opened fire from the windows?

• Advertisement
Advertisement