Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vegas shooting incident

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Doltanian wrote: »
    Guns equals a free society and it is very important to keep a well armed and trained private militia. Having everyone armed to the teeth will prevent the likes of Bernie Sanders and his Marxist ilk ffrom ever getting power and destroying the core of the United States. Private Gun ownership is about opposing strong Government.

I'll put it this way if Ireland was armed to teeth the same way America is then would we have accepted the treason and mass theft and looting of the Irish exchequer by Fianna Fail like they did by 2008-2010? I can guarantee the people would have revolted and fought back. We absolutely would not, would a private Militia have stood idly by as the country was brought to its knees? No way they would have allowed they would have stormed Leinster House and overthrown the Government of the day which had no Democratic mandate to do what they did. They refused to hold three by-elections which if they lost would have cost them their razor-slim majority.

Gun ownership is about a system of checks and balances which tilts the system in favour of the people and not the state. Gun ownership allows for the defence of private property and the defence of freedom itself. Any scumabg who tries to rob or commit a crime against your property or person can be shot dead and defend yourself. In Ireland if you attack them with a Hurley then you are more likely to get punished.

If the Germans were armed would they allow Merkel to destroy their country with Muslim terrorists? If they were armed and liable to fight back then she would never even have attempted it. In stark contrast to the Czech Republic where Gun Ownership is increasing and the public are being trained on how to handle the threat of Islamic Terror, they Czechs aren't cowards they are prepared to confront it head on with guns and bullets.

There is two types of people in the world, alphas and betas, right and left, you can choose to fight or flight. Never trust the Government and always defend yourself. I consider myself rightwing and am an advocate for gun ownership and the right to bear arms for all Irish Citizens owning property here.

What about us poor folk that rent? Do I not have a right to own an assault rifle? That's awful biased :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

What about us poor folk that rent? Do I not have a right to own an assault rifle? That's awful biased :(
    Why stop there? You should only be allowed vote if you own your own property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Sheeps wrote: »
    Why stop there? You should only be allowed vote if you own your own property.

Homeless should have the right to own guns too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Here's a better copy of it..........

server-two-people-431x600.jpg

Its like he thought he was playing a game of GTA... he wanted his bagel toasted.

It reminds me of the Elvis costello song 'Watching the Detectives'... the line ...'she's filing her nails as their dragging the lake'

* the Las Vegas mass shooting will not be the last imo, unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'd nearly guarantee he was about to say "Steve was an army of one" before he copped it was the wrong thing to say, given what Steve just did!

Yeah, I think you're right as I watched a compendium of all his interviews earlier (the one below) and after he said stopped speaking he said (19m10s in):
    "I was about to use a colloquial term that would be-smudge one of the armed forces".

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Guns equals a free society and it is very important to keep a well armed and trained private militia. Having everyone armed to the teeth will prevent the likes of Bernie Sanders and his Marxist ilk ffrom ever getting power and destroying the core of the United States. Private Gun ownership is about opposing strong Government.

There's no need to hear any more of this lunacy. You have proved yourself to be, out of your mouth-so to speak-stark raving bonkers. There is a time to isten, a time to argue...and a time to ignore, as if one was subjected to the ravings of a madman or the chatterings of a chimp.
    Gamebred wrote: »
    How do you know it wasnt what he was about to say? we're all guessing here, whole thing stinks to me and im not usually into conspiracies.

What kind of mad argument is that. How do you know it wasn't "arabian" or "affable" or "augmented" or "aristotle" that he wanted to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The average American does not buy the civilian versions of military type guns because he or she fears bad government.
    The two main reasons I always get in conversations with American gun owners is they buy those guns for plinking (informal target shooting) and home defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Overheal wrote: »
    Saving themselves by offering up low hanging fruit :)but it does help to ban bump stocks. I also believe congress will freeze progress on the SHARE act which was poised to make silencers far easier to buy.

But how do you ban this?

Dunnes will be in trouble when you start banning wooden planks.

inforfun wrote: »
    But how do you ban this?

Dunnes will be in trouble when you start banning wooden planks.

That's pretty crazy.. And it would be trivial to add a lip to stop the recoil.

archer22 wrote: »
    The average American does not buy the civilian versions of military type guns because he or she fears bad government.

And-let me guess-this average American would regard Draft Dodger Don as good government, right?
    archer22 wrote: »
    The two main reasons I always get in conversations with American gun owners is they buy those guns for plinking (informal target shooting) and home defence.

Home defence, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Its like he thought he was playing a game of GTA... he wanted his bagel toasted.

It reminds me of the Elvis costello song 'Watching the Detectives'... the line ...'she's filing her nails as their dragging the lake'

* the Las Vegas mass shooting will not be the last imo, unfortunately

Holy sh1t. $10 for a bottle of San Fecking Pellegrino?!

I always think it's ridiculous they sell them for close to €2 in shops over here because in Italy you can easily pick them up for around 29c

I always think it's ridiculous they sell them for close to €2 in shops over here because in Italy you can easily pick them up for around 29c

It's exotic foreign water,full of Italian-ness. Not like bog-standard Irish or American water. It's molecules say "Ciao" and travel on little gondolas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

On the flipside for 20 bucks you can get a good quality all all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet that's about the length of a football pitch, including champagne on Sunday mornings.

And it's literally all-you-can-eat. Just pay your cash, take a plate, and then keep grabbing food until you can barely roll out the door.

Vegas is a mad place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Listen to what he was saying before that.

"Steve didnt take help. It didn't take a village for Steve"

I'd nearly guarantee he was about to say "Steve was an army of one" before he copped it was the wrong thing to say, given what Steve just did!

Spot on.

Go to 14:45 where the quote starts.

Same interview that some internet loon cut up and "analysed" a few posts back. But the uninterupted and uncut version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Your posts about American geography are a great example of the Dunning Kruger Effect.

Says the guy that spent half the thread arguing whether a media executive was an eejit or not.
    I could just as easily sit here and wonder why you don't know where all these places in Vietnam are, and list of various reasons for why people should know them on a map.

BTW at one stage I would have been quite au fait with Vietnamese geography owing to fact I was interested in Vietnam war(s).
    ;)

The core of the United State is rotten.
    The place is basically run by big business, especially the military industrial complex, for the benefit of the few.
    The American Dream is long dead, that is if it even ever existed.

The citizens of the US, especially those gun toting nutjobs you laud, vote for morons like Trump/Bush that ensure the status quo remains.

Thus taxes for the rich are cut, healthcare for the poor and sick is cut, education is cut and anyone that says otherwise is of course a commie.
    The morons vote for the stooges that the Kochs and others put out in front of them and thiink that is patriotism.
    I'll put it this way if Ireland was armed to teeth the same way America is then would we have accepted the treason and mass theft and looting of the Irish exchequer by Fianna Fail like they did by 2008-2010? I can guarantee the people would have revolted and fought back. We absolutely would not, would a private Militia have stood idly by as the country was brought to its knees? No way they would have allowed they would have stormed Leinster House and overthrown the Government of the day which had no Democratic mandate to do what they did. They refused to hold three by-elections which if they lost would have cost them their razor-slim majority.

Yeah right.
    Lad if you just think the Irish are not rebellious because they don't have sidearms you are deluded.

BTW where were all the US militias when the US government bailed out their profligate bankers and their car companies ?
    If the Germans were armed would they allow Merkel to destroy their country with Muslim terrorists? If they were armed and liable to fight back then she would never even have attempted it.

This would be the same Germany that followed a mad dictator to the bitter end even when the country was being leveled and destroyed ?
    There is two types of people in the world, alphas and betas, right and left, you can choose to fight or flight. Never trust the Government and always defend yourself. I consider myself rightwing and am an advocate for gun ownership and the right to bear arms for all Irish Citizens owning property here.

Yeah everything is black and white. :rolleyes:
    What about the citizens that don't own property ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Is that woman climbing over the fence to escape the hail of bullets taking a selfie? The guy on the left in the black stetson with drink in hand doesn't seem to be too bothered by whats going on around him.

http://thesource.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/vegasshooting.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The guy on the left in the black stetson with drink in hand doesn't seem to be too bothered by whats going on around him.

Do you happen to have a degree in psychology , clinical or forensics .

No

Maybe you don't know what's going through his mind but that part is oblivious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Is that woman climbing over the fence to escape the hail of bullets taking a selfie? The guy on the left in the black stetson with drink in hand doesn't seem to be too bothered by whats going on around him.

http://thesource.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/vegasshooting.jpg

Looks to me like she's just hanging on to her phone.

Are people saying that this guy wasn't a terorist...?

• Advertisement

Seems some are and some aren't ,

Till we get more information with an agenda it's just another mass shooting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Depends on your definition of terrorism I suppose. There is no doubt he caused terror, but is it as simple as that?

If he a lone wolf who snapped over something, and there is no suggestion that there are others out there who are linked to him or his ideas and who plan to carry out future violence for the same reasons, then is it still terrorism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Remember the youngfella who went into the Dáil with the sword?

I think we were all supposed to follow him in or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭stevedublin

A lot of people (myself included) do not think Stephen Paddock carried out the shooting of people attending a concert in Las Vegas.
    Main reason: lack of motive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

A lot of people (myself included) do not think Stephen Paddock carried out the shooting of people attending a concert in Las Vegas.

You confuse lack of motive for motive unknown.

Are you certain there's a lack of motive? It could be just that it hasn't been announced yet as the authorities are still investigating.

I don't know - there could be a conspiracy. We'll likely never know for certain.

• Advertisement

Are you certain there's a lack of motive? It could be just that it hasn't been announced yet as the authorities are still investigating.

Could be, there is no obvious motive. He was a multi-millionaire who lived the high life, not the type who would normally be angry at the world.
    I think he was involved in illegal activities though (as was his Dad).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

He videoed himself I taught??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

boston.jpg?itok=RNv0JrLH

The photos released of the Stephens room are very odd.

The gun Note it's an AR-15, standard mag and bog standard barrel mounted stand. It's also set to semi auto:confused:Selector on semi auto, forward mounted grip which makes it totally useless for long range shooting guy was several hundred yards from his victims, the magazine size which would allow for maybe just under 3 secs of fully automatic fire spraying wild inaccurate bullets. :rolleyes:

Also in both pictures all the ammo scattered on the floor is undischarged. You see Paddock didn't worry about loading any of it in his magazines, he just scattered bullets all around his hotel room, like you do, because of of his interest in feng shui, nothing to do with staged dramatic images to feed the naive public from the press and stitch this dude up.

In the top left of the picture is a hammer (presumably to smash the windows and keep noise down) before unloading hundreds of rounds. Interesting how he didn't trip the window sensors. Every hotel in Vegas has em, to prevent suicides and such and multi million dollar lawsuits.
    Aslo of note of the several thousand CCTV cameras not one caught him lugging in several thousand pounds weight of guns and ammo (several times no less) in a room paid for by someone else.

Yeah yeah tin foil hat mad this and that I am:pac:. But anyone who thinks he did this alone with that gun set to semi auto and forward mounted grip has lost the plot and the ability to think for themselves, this Stephen Paddock was not acting alone. The numerous eye witnesses describing fire from other floors to is worth noting too.

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses-Plato.

TBH a lot (most/all) of conspiracy theories shouldn't be listened to. One popped up on my Google News feed from snopes, which debunks one claiming that Stephen Paddock died in 2013.

He videoed himself I taught??

okay, well are those videos still around?
    If so, do they show him shooting out the window?

• Advertisement

okay, well are those videos still around?
    If so, do they show him shooting out the window?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/guns-loaded-high-capacity-magazines-found-vegas-shooters/story?id=50228093

Can't see the police releasing this though?

Surly it's only a matter of fingerprinting the guns?

Yea, I can't imagine we'll ever get to see the video. At least not through official means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

boston.jpg?itok=RNv0JrLH

The gun Note it's an AR-15, standard mag and bog standard barrel mounted stand. It's also set to semi auto:confused:Selector on semi auto, forward mounted grip which makes it totally useless for long range shooting guy was several hundred yards from his victims, the magazine size which would allow for maybe just under 3 secs of fully automatic fire spraying wild inaccurate bullets. :rolleyes:

Also in both pictures all the ammo scattered on the floor is undischarged. You see Paddock didn't worry about loading any of it in his magazines, he just scattered bullets all around his hotel room, like you do, because of of his interest in feng shui, nothing to do with staged dramatic images to feed the naive public from the press and stitch this dude up.

In the top left of the picture is a hammer (presumably to smash the windows and keep noise down) before unloading hundreds of rounds. Interesting how he didn't trip the window sensors. Every hotel in Vegas has em, to prevent suicides and such and multi million dollar lawsuits.
    Aslo of note of the several thousand CCTV cameras not one caught him lugging in several thousand pounds weight of guns and ammo (several times no less) in a room paid for by someone else.

Yeah yeah tin foil hat mad this and that I am:pac:. But anyone who thinks he did this alone with that gun set to semi auto and forward mounted grip has lost the plot and the ability to think for themselves, this Stephen Paddock was not acting alone. The numerous eye witnesses describing fire from other floors to is worth noting too.

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses-Plato.

I presume you're a forensics expert, have an encyclopedic knowledge of the mechanics and operation of firearms and have seen the CCTV footage from every camera in the Mandaley Bay hotel? Or could you be copying waffle verbatim from CT forums and taking it all at face value? I suspect the latter…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The thing that grates on my brain more than anything with these conspiracy theory nutjobs (and that's what they are) is that they somehow think that they are more intelligent than the people who THEY believe stage things like this on a regular basis.

If I am staging a false flag attack on a semi regular basis you better believe I would be clever enough to cover my tracks so little lonely, unemployed, unwashed Johnny living in his mothers basement has nothing to broadcast to his followers.

I presume you're a forensics expert, have an encyclopedic knowledge of the mechanics and operation of firearms and have seen the CCTV footage from every camera in the Mandaley Bay hotel? Or could you be copying waffle verbatim from CT forums and taking it all at face value? I suspect the latter…

The quote below says it all really the guns were shooting full automatic through means of modifications or actual full automatic weapons (I'm still convinced one was belt fed or drum mag,)
    He also had 100 round surefire magazine's which became popular on their realease recently ,

"Yeah yeah tin foil hat mad this and that I am:pac:. But anyone who thinks he did this alone with that gun set to semi auto and forward mounted grip has lost the plot and the ability to think for themselves, this Stephen Paddock was not acting alone. The numerous eye witnesses describing fire from other floors to is worth noting too."

Numerous eye withnesses claimed fire came From multiple floors ,
    But only 2 Windows from the shooters room were damaged and you can't open those windows in hotels ,
    So no fire didn't come from multiple floors,

I believe there are group's putting out misinformation to take away from the death toll and take the talk off firearms control's

Got it in one yep I'm a forensics expert. You see I would look at the CCTV footage except there is none, none at all in a massive hotel in Vegas with thousands of cameras. Nothing odd there eh :rolleyes: Back to sleep pal.

You walk into a petrol garage in the backarse of rural Ireland and several CCTV will capture you, coming and going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

The thing that grates on my brain more than anything with these conspiracy theory nutjobs (and that's what they are) is that they somehow think that they are more intelligent than the people who THEY believe stage things like this on a regular basis.

If I am staging a false flag attack on a semi regular basis you better believe I would be clever enough to cover my tracks so little lonely, unemployed, unwashed Johnny living in his mothers basement has nothing to broadcast to his followers.

No no, you see the rothschilds/Soros/whoever's popular with the CT kids these days always leave clues. Because reasons.

the magazine size which would allow for maybe just under 3 secs of fully automatic fire spraying wild inaccurate bullets.
    No way! Wildly inaccurate you say! It's a miracle he hit anyone!

Oh wait, there were 20,000 people crammed into a confined space. When you say "wildly inaccurate" you're talking about missing a target by several metres, not several km. When you're just aiming for the centre of a group of people, your shot can go several metres left or right and it'll still hit anyone.
    Also in both pictures all the ammo scattered on the floor is undischarged.
    Not it's not. They're all discharged. A live round has a pointed tip. Example. Those rounds do not.
    1. Proof that "every hotel in Vegas has them", and you didn't just pull that out of your ass.
    2. How do you know it didn't go off? The first person at the room was apparently a hotel security guard.
    You mean to say he was walking around a hotel carrying luggage and nobody thought to stop him and ask what he was doing? That's unbelieveable!

You're so full of it, it's hilarious.

Got it in one yep I'm a forensics expert. You see I would look at the CCTV footage except there is none, none at all in a massive hotel in Vegas with thousands of cameras. Nothing odd there eh :rolleyes: Back to sleep pal.

You walk into a petrol garage in the backarse of rural Ireland and several CCTV will capture you, coming and going.

What if the police are holding all the cctv footage and still going through it??

Surly it'll tell if anyone else was entering/exiting the room?
    This can very simply be proved/disproved...the police have no horse in the game to prop up a conspiracy theory?

What if the police are holding all the cctv footage and still going through it??
    No no, you see immediately after a major incident, every single piece of evidence is required to be dumped into the public domain, including CCTV footage from private businesses, the body cam footage from every cop, and every video and photo taken by mobile phones in the vicinity.

If this doesn't happen, then you know that it's a false flag. It's the only explanation as to why I, sitting in my underwear in a dark room on the other side of the planet, haven't seen that footage.

There was a robbery in my local SuperValu last week. Ten scones allegedly disappeared. However, I scoured Google for hours and asked all over the big conspiracy theory forums and not a single piece of CCTV footage or photo of the scones could be found. Therefore it was an inside job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

There is no cctv footage RELEASED. Why would the footage be released so a gob****e on an Irish forum can point to it and deny it.

And put in all the Plato quotes you want. You still don't sound intelligent.

Maybe they don't have to cover their tracks, they know the public will swallow any old shyt?. It's not like many folk (tiny minority actually) question the mainstream media.

Funny you mention broadcasting when you are doing so yourself on the web. If you are going to broadcast opinion shock horror some might not agree with you. Terrible ain't it?.
    I know calm down down it's OK. Laughably you arrogantly call people someone who doesn't follow the mainstream nonsense as 'nutjobs' but yet somehow they are the arrogant ones?. Pot kettle and black pal.

hypocrite
    ˈhɪpəkrɪt/Submit
    noun
    a hypocritical person.
    "the story tells of respectable Ben who turns out to be a cheat and a hypocrite"
    synonyms: sanctimonious person, pietist, whited sepulchre, plaster saint, humbug, pretender, deceiver, dissembler, impostor; More

Also if someone is unemployed, unwashed and living in mothers basement (suddenly this is America now basements LOL:rolleyes:) I think these people should be treated with sensitivity and kindness not derision. To condemn folk like that Shows a evil streak I'm sure isn't pleasant to be around.

Perhaps I have alot more principles and kindness than you as I would never be so crass as that, certainly not with strangers. I learned in life one never knows what someone is or might be going through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

For me the thing is here and we all know it, these tin foil hat conspiracy clowns aren't little Johnny living in the mammies basement type loons. They are adults, they are dads, they are mums, they are ordinary folk who for whatever reason like to imagine "the man" is going around shaping everything and everyone.

Now does sh it happen that governments have a hand in, of course it does but it's embarrassing and pathetic that grown adults believe half the rubbish they read on the internet.

Iv'e no idea what happened here but if i was a gambling person i'd bet the guy just lost it over a period of time with society on the whole and decided to take it out on innocent people having a good time. That stuff happens all the time with humans it's just that this guy took it to the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Maybe they don't have to cover their tracks, they know the public will swallow any old shyt?. It's not like many folk (tiny minority actually) question the mainstream media.

Funny you mention broadcasting when you are doing so yourself on the web. If you are going to broadcast opinion shock horror some might not agree with you. Terrible ain't it?.
    I know calm down down it's OK. Laughably you arrogantly call people someone who doesn't follow the mainstream nonsense as 'nutjobs' but yet somehow they are the arrogant ones?. Pot kettle and black pal.

hypocrite
    ˈhɪpəkrɪt/Submit
    noun
    a hypocritical person.
    "the story tells of respectable Ben who turns out to be a cheat and a hypocrite"
    synonyms: sanctimonious person, pietist, whited sepulchre, plaster saint, humbug, pretender, deceiver, dissembler, impostor; More

Also if someone is unemployed, unwashed and living in mothers basement (suddenly this is America now basements LOL:rolleyes:) I think these people should be treated with sensitivity and kindness not derision. To condemn folk like that Shows a evil streak I'm sure isn't pleasant to be around.

Perhaps I have alot more principles and kindness than you as I would never be so crass as that, certainly not with strangers. I learned in life one never knows what someone is or might be going through.

Go back to the CT forum. You've embarrassed yourself enough here for one day.

You have no principles .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

hypocrite
    ˈhɪpəkrɪt/Submit
    noun
    a hypocritical person.

Message from Plato: "You know nothing of my ways. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

seamus wrote: »
    No no, you see immediately after a major incident, every single piece of evidence is required to be dumped into the public domain, including CCTV footage from private businesses, the body cam footage from every cop, and every video and photo taken by mobile phones in the vicinity.

If this doesn't happen, then you know that it's a false flag. It's the only explanation as to why I, sitting in my underwear in a dark room on the other side of the planet, haven't seen that footage.

There was a robbery in my local SuperValu last week. Ten scones allegedly disappeared. However, I scoured Google for hours and asked all over the big conspiracy theory forums and not a single piece of CCTV footage or photo of the scones could be found. Therefore it was an inside job.

Bloody Illuminati and their fondness for baked goods!

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    For me the thing is here and we all know it, these tin foil hat conspiracy clowns aren't little Johnny living in the mammies basement type loons. They are adults, they are dads, they are mums, they are ordinary folk who for whatever reason like to imagine "the man" is going around shaping everything and everyone.

Now does sh it happen that governments have a hand in, of course it does but it's embarrassing and pathetic that grown adults believe half the rubbish they read on the internet.

Iv'e no idea what happened here but if i was a gambling person i'd bet the guy just lost it over a period of time with society on the whole and decided to take it out on innocent people having a good time. That stuff happens all the time with humans it's just that this guy took it to the extreme.

Most folk into truth research or 'conspiratorial' stuff don't believe half the stuff on the internet, why do you believe all of it?.

People start researching cos they ask simple but big questions like.

Why is there enough money in the World for billions and billions of weapons and weapons programs and research yet people starve?. Why is the World deliberately like this?. Generally it leads on from there.

Like the Folk I met at Open Minds Ireland Conference Most are into arts/music/writing/literature/health/meditation/nature/self discovery etc most have good jobs and generally are often self employed or employers. Good REAL people, many of whom have gone above and beyond to help those in need, ie like help folk stay in their homes who are in mortgage arrears.
    Point is they make up their own conclusions and DON'T believe stuff online regardless of what it is. They start to engage their own critical factualties and think, desperately rare in modern times but it happens.
    The stereotype by the RocketRacoon is laughable, think he was projecting and describing himself though there to be honest.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Please f**k off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Reading through this just reinforces in my mind that peoples reactions towards extreme acts of violence are largely dependent on *who* did it, *where* they did it and *why* they did it - with the *who* part being the most important. I always knew that to be the case but nonetheless I find it interesting that this thread has less posts than the terror incidents in Paris, Manchester, Berlin, Nice, Barcelona, London, and Orlando.

Orlando is notable because the other cities are easily explainable as to why we might care more about them (geographic proximity) but Orlando tells a tale because the Orlando Shooting thread had almost 1,000 more posts on it. That can't be because of geographic proximity. It can't be because we care more about Florida than Nevada.

The reality is in Orlando the shooter's name was Omar, he was brown and he allegedly believed in Allah. He managed to kill 49 and injure 58. Meanwhile in Vegas, the shooter's name was Stephen, white, apparently atheist and managed to kill 58 and injure 527.

Realistically neither Stephen Paddock or Omar Mateen have any cause to concern Irish people directly. We've yet to experience any Islamic attacks and we're lucky not to have many mass-shootings. We don't really need to worry or care too much about either situation.

An "US vs THEM" discrimination is what many Muslims in the West perceive; to be grossly indifferent to acts of terror committed by white guys and to react disproportionately to any act of terror committed by Muslims reinforces that.

Let's be real if an Iranian immigrant did the Vegas shooting they'd have bombed Tehran.

Anyway, on a wider point I wouldn't be overtly surprised if this does actually come down to a mental health issue at its root. I suspect the same thing for most Jihadi's or any human being capable of inflicting such evil.

There's something wrong with any human being capable of doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

boston.jpg?itok=RNv0JrLH

The US authorities have conducted so many false flag operations at this stage you'd think they'd have built up a bit of experience and/or corporate knowledge to not be leaving obvious clues everywhere.

Advertisement