Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vegas shooting incident

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Go back to the CT forum. You've embarrassed yourself enough here for one day.

You have no principles .

I would but the thread is locked as they all started throwing their toys out of the pram, tried ramming words into my mouth and could not discuss the anomalies with believing Paddock acted all alone like grown adults.

I'm sure your buddies be around in a moment to like your post which you are waiting patiently for. :rolleyes:

Ah I do have principles, bought them from a Chinese fella on eBay. :cool:

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses-Plato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

What's the end game if it's a false flag?

It's clearly not gun control as Republicans will never agree to that and they control the white house, Senate, house, supreme Court and 34 out of 50 us governors are Republican including Nevada where incident took place.

• Subscribers Posts: 171 ✭✭Night Falls

There's really no point in debating with a conspiracy theorist. They're usually so pompous in claiming other people's gullibility, whilst simultaneously readily believing "facts" or an interpretation of some random photos found on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

There's really no point in debating with a conspiracy theorist. They're usually so pompous in claiming other people's gullibility, whilst simultaneously readily believing "facts" or an interpretation of some random photos found on the internet.

Yep, believe the news, etc. and you're "gullible", believe realworldtruthfacts.org and you're "open minded"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Got it in one yep I'm a forensics expert. You see I would look at the CCTV footage except there is none, none at all in a massive hotel in Vegas with thousands of cameras. Nothing odd there eh :rolleyes: Back to sleep pal.

You walk into a petrol garage in the backarse of rural Ireland and several CCTV will capture you, coming and going.

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses-Plato.

What if the police are holding all the cctv footage and still going through it??

Surly it'll tell if anyone else was entering/exiting the room?
    This can very simply be proved/disproved...the police have no horse in the game to prop up a conspiracy theory?
    Truth is if the police or hotel released it all tomorrow these same people would just parrot whatever Alex Jones and co told them next, my guess being "so they FINALLY release it? After public pressure? Giving them enough time to doctor the footage? It's so obvious that's not real video, and you guys call me crazy!?!?!?"

• Advertisement

Yep.

This thread has officially reached the heights of stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You know, the first couple of times you posted this, I thought it was laughable considering what I thought was your very loose grasp of the concept of 'truth' but now that you tell us that you were at an 'Open Minds' conference that included such noted speakers as Ben Gilroy and Ian R. Crane along with spiritual healers and featured tribal drumming and meditation - I find the truth is never far behind when there's tribal drumming nearby - I now see how wrong I was. It is clear to me now that you are a profound seeker of truth able to intuitively grasp that there is not one bit of CCTV footage of the killer even though you don't actually know that and that there were shooters on other floors even though there were no other broken windows. I feel so foolish…

Billy86 wrote: »
    Truth is if the police or hotel released it all tomorrow these same people would just parrot whatever Alex Jones and co told them next, my guess being "so they FINALLY release it? After public pressure? Giving them enough time to doctor the footage? It's so obvious that's not real video, and you guys call me crazy!?!?!?"

Whos Alex Jones?.
    Maybe the conspiratorial nuts are as bad as the mainstream media nuts who knows.I do know anyone who takes Sky News/RTE and the Daily Mail as truth doesnt care much for it.

Whos Alex Jones?.
    Maybe the conspiratorial nuts are as bad as the mainstream media nuts who knows.I do know anyone who takes Sky News/RTE and the Daily Mail as truth doesnt care much for it.

RTÉ? Ah, poor Bryan Dobson is going to be so upset that you said that…

Yep.

This thread has officially reached the heights of stupidity.

It's actually reached the heights of conspiratorial enlightenment but your mind is so closed it can't make it pass stupidity…

• Advertisement

RTÉ? Ah, poor Bryan Dobson is going to be so upset that you said that…

Typed that you mean. Whos Bryan Dobson when hes at home?.
    Dont watch RTE, 24/7 garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Whos Alex Jones?.
    Alex Jones is the messiah of the U.S. conspiracy theory movement and a chief creator of fake news. You've probably heard of infowars.

He's the guy who claimed that all of the parents capturing on camera crying outside Sandy Hook elementary after 20 children had been massacred, were actually paid actors.

And then later tried to claim in court that it was a form of "performance art".

seamus wrote: »
    Alex Jones is the messiah of the U.S. conspiracy theory movement and a chief creator of fake news. You've probably heard of infowars.

He's the guy who claimed that all of the parents capturing on camera crying outside Sandy Hook elementary after 20 children had been massacred, were actually paid actors.

And then later tried to claim in court that it was a form of "performance art".

So you follow him alot then? Certainly Know alot about the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wikipedia is great.

Typed that you mean. Whos Bryan Dobson when hes at home?.
    Dont watch RTE, 24/7 garbage.

You don't know who Alex Jones and Bryan Dobson are? I don't know if you're as enlightened as I thought you were, Stonedpilot…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone with even a remote, passing interest in current affairs knows who Alex Jones is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Doltanian wrote: »
    Guns equals a free society and it is very important to keep a well armed and trained private militia. Having everyone armed to the teeth will prevent the likes of Bernie Sanders and his Marxist ilk ffrom ever getting power and destroying the core of the United States. Private Gun ownership is about opposing strong Government.

I'll put it this way if Ireland was armed to teeth the same way America is then would we have accepted the treason and mass theft and looting of the Irish exchequer by Fianna Fail like they did by 2008-2010? I can guarantee the people would have revolted and fought back. We absolutely would not, would a private Militia have stood idly by as the country was brought to its knees? No way they would have allowed they would have stormed Leinster House and overthrown the Government of the day which had no Democratic mandate to do what they did. They refused to hold three by-elections which if they lost would have cost them their razor-slim majority.

Gun ownership is about a system of checks and balances which tilts the system in favour of the people and not the state. Gun ownership allows for the defence of private property and the defence of freedom itself. Any scumabg who tries to rob or commit a crime against your property or person can be shot dead and defend yourself. In Ireland if you attack them with a Hurley then you are more likely to get punished.

If the Germans were armed would they allow Merkel to destroy their country with Muslim terrorists? If they were armed and liable to fight back then she would never even have attempted it. In stark contrast to the Czech Republic where Gun Ownership is increasing and the public are being trained on how to handle the threat of Islamic Terror, they Czechs aren't cowards they are prepared to confront it head on with guns and bullets.

There is two types of people in the world, alphas and betas, right and left, you can choose to fight or flight. Never trust the Government and always defend yourself. I consider myself rightwing and am an advocate for gun ownership and the right to bear arms for all Irish Citizens owning property here.

I thanked this post because i thought this was a hilarious parody in response to my post...apparently this is real, jesus f christ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

tigger123 wrote: »
    The US authorities have conducted so many false flag operations at this stage you'd think they'd have built up a bit of experience and/or corporate knowledge to not be leaving obvious clues everywhere.

"Awwwh goddamit Homer!! You were supposed to leave discharged shells not live rounds..."

"Oh oh spaghetti ohs"

Simpson_Police_Cops.png

You know, when you're actually trying to ascertain the truth, it helps to know the people with the most influence out there and what their reason is for peddling the information that the unleash on the internet or other media. You know, to seek out the truth and all that…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hazys wrote: »
    I thanked this post because i thought this was a hilarious parody in response to my post...apparently this is real, jesus f christ

I honestly frightening that people have views like that are totally serious about them, I'm so glad those people are in a tiny minority in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hazys wrote: »

That post will return as a 'warning sign that was ignored' when this person goes on a shooting or burns down a mosque or something.

You don't know who Alex Jones and Bryan Dobson are? I don't know if you're as enlightened as I thought you were, Stonedpilot…

If you want to spend your whole life following them and admiring them gooey eyed knock yourself out pal.Thats your life. I will get on with my own life.

I never mentioned being enlightened either!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The people on here believing there is zero chance there is more to this than Paddock doing this alone think tower 7 was completely normal, cannot be reasoned with full time kool aid drinkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone with even a remote, passing interest in current affairs knows who Alex Jones is.

I could happily kick him into the middle of the Liffey but I still know who he is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you want to spend your whole life following them and admiring them gooey eyed knock yourself out pal.Thats your life. I will get on with my own life.

I never mentioned being enlightened either!.

I understand the need for skepticism but honestly some of the stuff you're coming out with is ridiculous. You can clearly see in those pictures that the casings on the carpet are spent. And you haven't a notion about guns. If you want to read posts from people who actually know what they're talking about read this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/748hlp/meta_mandalay_bay_shooting_discussion_thread/

That the main forum for gun owners on reddit.

Gamebred wrote: »
    The people on here believing there is zero chance there is more to this than Paddock doing this alone think tower 7 was completely normal, cannot be reasoned with full time kool aid drinkers.

While I agree, careful pal they will go for the throat with their pitchforks!. Any view that differs from the mainstream media is treated with hatred, derision and vitriol. God forbid anyone thinks differently to the mainstreams crap.

You're willing to take any auld piece of information off the internet at face value as confirmation of a conspiracy and cover up and you're calling others the kool aid drinkers?

Meanwhile, you're probably getting high on your own dopamine supply…

Yeah, I think it's getting pretty clear we're dealing with someone eager for attention who views a topic like this as their 'grand stage'.

You're willing to take any auld piece of information off the internet at face value as confirmation of a conspiracy and cover up and you're calling others the kool aid drinkers?

I dont believe the fakenews media anyways thats for sure, im sure you're an avid cnn viewer, I have no clue what went on in vegas but I have suspicions motive-wise, have not seen the likes of it before rich 64 year old nut goes rampaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

It appears that some people are having difficulty coming to terms with the fact that a 64 year old, white, conservative, gun obsessed and staunch defender of the second amendment of the US constitution decided he just wanted to kill people.
    The motive for any other demographic is accepted without question when something like this happens. Strange that.

im sure you're an avid cnn viewer

Why would I be an avid CNN viewer when I'm living here in Ireland? It has zero relevance to my life.

dav3 wrote: »
    It appears that some people are having difficulty coming to terms with the fact that a 64 year old, white, conservative, gun obsessed and staunch defender of the second amendment of the US constitution decided he just wanted to kill people.
    The motive for any other demographic is accepted without question when something like this happens. Strange that.

Loner, religion anti gay all reasonable motives, theres none here and you know it.

No, not really. If he'd left a note that was published or video saying "Death to Jews" or "I hate people who like country music" or "God is great, I love Jesus" then yeah we'd have a motive.

This completely false argument that we "excuse" things when white people do it is just laughable under any scrutiny. I saw people saying "If a brown person did this there'd be some efforts at gun control". A brown person killed 4 dozen people in a nightclub in Orlando last year and what was done about gun control? Nothing.
    It's known there's an issue with right-wing militias/groups/whatever in the US. When they do things their motivation is generally clear. The fact that we don't have any obvious (from the person) motivation is what's going on, not "OMG poor white guy".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Look at all the sheep believing what the MSM tell them. Ha ha lolz, I get the real story from Facebook pages.

Yeah, I think it's getting pretty clear we're dealing with someone eager for attention who views a topic like this as their 'grand stage'.

Haha. Cos if you wanted attention you would post on a totally annoymous internet forum right?.

The brazen irony of someone with over 17,000 posts typing that too.Completely obsessed with their own opinion.I mean come on pal do you ever actually get off this site even for like a minute?. Its a Big World out there!. More to life than boards.ie!.

I just dont think Paddock acted completely alone.

• Advertisement

Haha. Cos if you wanted attention you would post on a totally annoymous internet forum right?.

The brazen irony of someone with over 17,000 posts typing that too.Completely obsessed with their own opinion.I mean come on pal do you ever actually get off this site even for like a minute?. Its a Big World out there!. More to life than boards.ie!.

I just dont think Paddock acted completely alone.

I agree, the missus has a LOT to answer for.

Pretty much yeah, it gives you the stage to say anything and everything you want without having to worry about the consequences. Your posts make you come over as desperate to get a reaction, right down the the sad need to throw ad hominems in at each and every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Those who are able to copy and paste quotes over and over will never be taken seriously, let alone be believed by fellows posters - Omackeral

Pretty much yeah, it gives you the stage to say anything and everything you want without having to worry about the consequences. Your posts make you come over as desperate to get a reaction, right down the the sad need to throw ad hominems in at each and every opportunity.

Ah sorry forgot its one of these forums where only you can do the ad hominems. My bad. Forgot Im not allowed to retort.

Big World. Get out and live.More to life than boards.ie, 17,000 posts suggests a deep psychological obsession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

I think most people would have difficulty understanding that some guy spontaneously decided he just wanted to kill people with no apparent reason or motive.

I really struggle to believe that there isn't a motive here. I have no problem admitting that.

Really simple logic to come to that conclusion too, actually. I personally would not just get up and start killing folk. So the idea that someone else would is alien.

I understand that people can kill in a fit of rage or even killing for revenge. I get that people can be brainwashed by religion or that desperately poor people can do things fueled by that desperation.

I can't easily come to terms with the fact that someone would do something so senselessly cruel and evil with no apparent motivating factor. You can?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Is this known?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Ah sorry forgot its one of these forums where only you can do the ad hominems. My bad. Forgot Im not allowed to retort.

Big World. Get out and live.More to life than boards.ie, 17,000 posts suggests a deep psychological obsession.

I think you should heed your own advice.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Those who are able to copy and paste quotes over and over will never be taken seriously, let alone be believed by fellows posters - Omackeral

I always thought Plato did his best work with Mickey and Goofy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Tower 7 wasn't normal. It was hit by falling debris from a 110 story building which resulted in a huge gash right down the middle of the building and then fires burned out of control for hours leading to collapse.

The world financial center didn't suffer anywhere near the amount of damage or saw any fire yet that was believed to be in danger of collapse for quite a while after the attacks in the world trade center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Saruhashi

Your posts make you come over as desperate to get a reaction, right down the the sad need to throw ad hominems in at each and every opportunity.

You just did the exact same thing and came over in exactly the same way.

"Yeah, I think it's getting pretty clear we're dealing with someone eager for attention who views a topic like this as their 'grand stage'."

Ad hominems? Check.
    Seeking a reaction? Check.

So, it's OK when you do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Press_Start

Join date 2010

17k posts in 2555 days is 6 a day, may be just a long boards trawl every week.

You've joined last year, and averaged around 2 day.

Not too much difference if you ask me; some people like it here, and it's hardly charachter defining.

The topic and notice of ad hominem is an argumentative fallacy that has simply been observed and commented on, whem accused you resorted back to it. Please don't go waxing lyrical with outdated philosiphy quotes and high horsing. It's not getting us anywhere. It's insulting. If you're pissed off that he's on boards constantly than I'l echo his sentiment.

All ad hominem aside, there's no real reason to get ****ty with people who don't echo your own views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Absolute rubbish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Don't feed it folks.

What makes you think Stephen Paddock was:
    1. conservative
    2. gun obsessed
    3. staunch defender of 2nd amendment

You are making stuff up.

you have Alex Jones and co. accusing Stephen Paddock of being an Antifa and ISIS supportor.
    Now boards.ie has decided he is a redneck, gun obsessed conservative maniac.
    You can't have it both ways!
    sheesh!

• Advertisement
Advertisement