Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning JC timetable

Options
  • 02-10-2017 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm not sure if this thread has been done so if you know that it has please direct me!

I am covering a maternity position this year. It was advertised as full hours. However, the timetable is 21h20 to make space for the class allotted to JC planning. However, I don't get paid for that class as on this contract you are paid for what you teach only. Anyone know if I should be paid for it or I just have to grin and bear it? I know it's only 40 mins but still! Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

If you are teaching JC then this class is part of your timetable so you should be paid for it, it adds up to 22 hours in the year which is an entire weeks work so well worth getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

And if that isn't happening I would be insisting you get at least one sub class a week to make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

Thanks, I will contact the department so and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

infor123 wrote: »
    Thanks, I will contact the department so and see what they say.

Hiya, interested to know what the response from the department was?

Jane98 wrote: »
    Hiya, interested to know what the response from the department was?

Mentioned it to VP in school and she said that no unfortunately we only get paid for hours worked. She said she would give me pay for a sub class maybe instead.

• Advertisement

Mentioned it to VP in school and she said that no unfortunately we only get paid for hours worked. She said she would give me pay for a sub class maybe instead.

I asked one of our subs this morning, she is getting paid for the 40 mins JC planning class.

solerina wrote: »
    I asked one of our subs this morning, she is getting paid for the 40 mins JC planning class.

Department job? Not ETB? Ok when VP said no, I presumed they would know. i will ring department so and find out for definite.

Thanks

Department job? Not ETB? Ok when VP said no, I presumed they would know. i will ring department so and find out for definite.

Thanks

Yes, sub in for a maternity leave.

Advertisement