Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Course

Options
  • 02-10-2017 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has any advice in relation to the following course:
    https://www.sqs.com/en/academy/courses/istqb-certified-tester-foundation.php

I am about to begin a new job in software testing and am thinking of doing this course.
    Would one need much practical experience before doing this (as I don't have a lot yet).
    Also, is the course OK and is it straightforward to pass?

is it a good recognised qualification?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I am about to begin a new job in software testing and am thinking of doing this course.
    Would one need much practical experience before doing this (as I don't have a lot yet).
    Also, is the course OK and is it straightforward to pass?

is it a good recognised qualification?

Having a bit of experience would help you understand the material a little bit better.

I found the course straight forward. The material is fine but I found the questions in the exam were worded in a similar/tricky way so you have to be careful and take your time reading and answering them.

My advise would be when you do the course, each evening go home and put a bit of work in going over the material and you should be ok.

It's a very good qualification to have - a lot of employers look for it nowadays.
    Your new employers will be suitably impressed when they see you doing it/complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭trafficlight

Thanks everyone for your advice and info, much appreciated. Looking forward to getting the course done!

Advertisement