Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a stroller

Options
  • 02-10-2017 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    We are moving our little man from a buggy to a stroller......but are quite clueless on what one to get. It's quite daunting. I made the mistake of buying our travel system from the uk, a momas and papas sola 2, that has been nothing but head wrecking.
    So want to get something reliable, relatively light weight and very good quality. What was uldmyou reocommend. Hoping to keep it at a max of 200 quid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I have the joie mirrus. Been using since about 7 months old and its still going now at 2 years plus on. Cost us 99e on sale in Smyths. Its been super. Light and easy fold.

Its not umbrella fold but its pretty neat

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Stroller? Huh, are they not called prams (or indeed perambulators) anymore in Ireland?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Heard good things about that one.I also like the look of the out and about single nipper but I'd imagine the budget is a bit more for that one.

shesty wrote: »
    Heard good things about that one.I also like the look of the out and about single nipper but I'd imagine the budget is a bit more for that one.

I also have the out and about nipper for jogging with. Its a dream to push but its not as light or neat as the mirrus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The single out n about nipper is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

vicwatson wrote: »
    Stroller? Huh, are they not called prams (or indeed perambulators) anymore in Ireland?

A pram is usually flat and for a new baby.
    A stroller is usually for older kids and is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The single out n about nipper is brilliant.

Its 400 quid. Think that's too far beyond out budget

I paid 10 for mine in the 2nd hand shop:)
    I bought the single new 6 years ago and it lasted 6 years and 5 children:)

The baby jogger is another great one but is only a few quid cheaper.
    In general I hate strollers as I walk a alot but the Petit Zia ia nice and I got one new on amazon for 100£.

I would look on adverts etc though, when I sold my single it had only been used for 1 child and was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Just got an email from mothercare that they have a stroller sale at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

If you're just looking for a light umbrella stroller, the maclaren quest is a great buy! I got mine for my eldest who is nearly 6, and it's still going strong.
    Apparently, though I've never tried it, all the bits come off and go in the washing machine- that's on my to do list for this week while it's dry actually!
    I haven't used it much of late, because I've been using the travel system for my smallies, and I have a double nipper for them too.

• Advertisement

I definitely didn’t pay over the 300 mark last January

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Keep an eye on donedeal or buy and sell pages on Facebook. We got a tandem out and about second hand on donedeal for €220 rather than €550 brand new. It's in great condition, hood is a little faded from the sun but that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Clashmore

I second the Maclaren Quest, it lies flat and the newer models are suitable from birth, thou not sure I wud put a child younger than 6 months in it. I paid less than €180 for a brand new one around 18 months ago.

Clashmore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have a MacLaren quest. They are built to last! I am using one that belonged to my 8 year old neighbour! We bring it on holidays every year. All the fabric comes off to go in washing machine. There is 2 part of harness that doesn't....(like a car seat).
    You will have it years! I wouldn't waste my money on any other umbrella stroller. Otherwise if you want something sturdier I would get an out n about or city mini. Look on amazon, boots, uk nursery sites for prices :)

Advertisement