Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am experiencing terrible service from EIR - Please help

Options
  • 02-10-2017 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

My Sky broadband has been having intermittent problems. Sky sent an Eir engineer out as the fault is on the line.  
    The Eir engineer told us that the line running between the box buried at the front gate of our house to our phone box inside the house was severed (apparently by the Irish Water meter installers).

Anyway, he told us that Eir would fix it 'within a week/10 days'. That was in June.

3 MONTHS LATER!! KN networks called to the house to fix the problem. We have a newly installed cobble lock driveway in our front garden. KN Networks told us they would have to burrow underneath the driveway to run a calble from the front pillar to our door.

They told us they would probably ruin our cobble lock path and cannot guarentee to put it back as it is now. Their guy siad we would be 'mad to go ahead'. I asked them to inform Eir and ask if Eir could send someone to discuss the problem with us to see how it can be resolved.

Radio silence for a few months more.

An extremely rude Eir engineer called to our house this morning (I noted his name but will not publish it here).

He told us that KN Networks were avoiding the issue - too busy to care. He said he needed to know if we want to go ahead with the job or not.

We explained that we cannt make this decision without some assurances that our path will not be destroyed by the work (it cost us €6,000).

He told us he would call his boss. A few minutes later he returned saying his boss told us to take it or leave it. I asked to speak to his boss. He told me that he was not preared to give us his bosses details to contact him. Instead he would ak his boss if he would contact us. 

Then he said 'I doubt he will contact you'.... and he drove off.

I have no idea what Eir is doing here. Its terrible service. It has been going on since JUNE.

Can you help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

My Sky broadband has been having intermittent problems. Sky sent an Eir engineer out as the fault is on the line.  
    The Eir engineer told us that the line running between the box buried at the front gate of our house to our phone box inside the house was severed (apparently by the Irish Water meter installers).

Anyway, he told us that Eir would fix it 'within a week/10 days'. That was in June.

3 MONTHS LATER!! KN networks called to the house to fix the problem. We have a newly installed cobble lock driveway in our front garden. KN Networks told us they would have to burrow underneath the driveway to run a calble from the front pillar to our door.

They told us they would probably ruin our cobble lock path and cannot guarentee to put it back as it is now. Their guy siad we would be 'mad to go ahead'. I asked them to inform Eir and ask if Eir could send someone to discuss the problem with us to see how it can be resolved.

Radio silence for a few months more.

An extremely rude Eir engineer called to our house this morning (I noted his name but will not publish it here).

He told us that KN Networks were avoiding the issue - too busy to care. He said he needed to know if we want to go ahead with the job or not.

We explained that we cannt make this decision without some assurances that our path will not be destroyed by the work (it cost us €6,000).

He told us he would call his boss. A few minutes later he returned saying his boss told us to take it or leave it. I asked to speak to his boss. He told me that he was not preared to give us his bosses details to contact him. Instead he would ak his boss if he would contact us. 

Then he said 'I doubt he will contact you'.... and he drove off.

I have no idea what Eir is doing here. Its terrible service. It has been going on since JUNE.

Can you help?
    Hi Deusexmachina,

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing both with your service and with the technician.

I'm afraid I will be unable to look into this for you from here if your broadband is not active with us. We wouldn't have access to any of your account details if your services are with a different provider. You would need to get in touch with your current provider in order to have this looked into.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance here.

- Adam

Advertisement