Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar 3 Arena 7th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

First time I've seen someone call the artists the tout. The argument usually is that if the money was going to the artist and not Seatwave/Ticketmaster then it's fine. If someone is willing to pay €180 on the secondary market then why would you begrudge Lamar having €200 tickets where he actually sees that money rather than it going to Seatwave & the touts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Some artists get directly involved in trying to stop touting. Kate Bush, Radiohead, Pearl Jam.

Zardoz is right, they're just trying to push desperate people towards the silly tickets. There will be more released, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

I managed to get 2 tickets in Block G, never been to the 3Arena so hoping the view is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Three of us tried and three got sorted. Two of us got two seated each. One of the lads got two standing. Got mine using the app.

Is it possible to sneak down to standing if you have a seated ticket? I'm in Red tiered seating btw and my friend is in the upper section.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

Still plenty of Gold Circle, Meet and Greet, Platinum tickets etc. available :rolleyes:

I hope people aren't desperate enough to buy them at €200+ a go but I'm sure some will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

briggy wrote: »
    I managed to get 2 tickets in Block G, never been to the 3Arena so hoping the view is grand.

I was in that section for Kiss, it's a side view, but it's decent and close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Wouldn't expect 3Arena to have golden circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

First time I've seen someone call the artists the tout. The argument usually is that if the money was going to the artist and not Seatwave/Ticketmaster then it's fine. If someone is willing to pay €180 on the secondary market then why would you begrudge Lamar having €200 tickets where he actually sees that money rather than it going to Seatwave & the touts?

Its widely known that alot of artists scalp their own tickets .
    I don't like either practice to be honest but its better than the money going to the touts for sure.
    A buddy was at a ticketmaster agent and he said they only sold 7 tickets this morning ,he got none ,only 3 standing tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Three of us tried and three got sorted. Two of us got two seated each. One of the lads got two standing. Got mine using the app.

Is it possible to sneak down to standing if you have a seated ticket? I'm in Red tiered seating btw and my friend is in the upper section.

They often let the standing people move up to the seating areas but not the other way round. What we've done in the past is get someone in standing to bring up a couple of standing tickets to us in seating and we wander down then and flash the standing ticket to the guard at the area, usually works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

stead wrote: »
    Wouldn't expect 3Arena to have golden circle.

Neither did I but some of the tickets are GA GOLD. I know I'd be pretty annoyed if I paid €200+ and had to slum it with the plebs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Rebel8

Got standing ticket at 9.40 through the app so I suggest to keep trying ☺

They often let the standing people move up to the seating areas but not the other way round. What we've done in the past is get someone in standing to bring up a couple of standing tickets to us in seating and we wander down then and flash the standing ticket to the guard at the area, usually works fine.

Ah the old switcheroo. Makes sense. Can someone with a standing ticket walk up to the seating area to hand over the standing ticket? Suppose they meet down at the bar etc. Do the tiered seating use the same bar downstairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Rebel8 wrote:
    Got standing ticket at 9.40 through the app so I suggest to keep trying ☺

How?

Only see presale

jeffk wrote: »
    How?

Only see presale

App brought me straight to "buy tickets" Not sure how you are only seeing presale

Rebel8 wrote:
    App brought me straight to "buy tickets" Not sure how you are only seeing presale

So the website from the app, not inside the app

So the website from the app, not inside the app

From the app

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

I am looking for 2 seated tickets if anyone could help me out :)

thanks al lot

I am looking for 2 seated tickets if anyone could help me out :)

thanks al lot

Some could say you are in dire straits of two tickets.

Some could say you are in dire straits of two tickets.

:rolleyes: how original :D:D:D

I regretted it as soon as I hit sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Any word of a second date?

CWF wrote: »
    Any word of a second date?

https://www.joe.ie/music/kendrick-lamar-dublin-603069

From that and that its 12 now, id say no.

Normally second date is announced immediately or by 11 at the latest

https://www.joe.ie/music/kendrick-lamar-dublin-603069

From that and that its 12 now, id say no.

Normally second date is announced immediately or by 11 at the latest

Did shania twain not announce a second date a few days after first sold out?

Did shania twain not announce a second date a few days after first sold out?

"Unless there's another date added, of course, but with the man himself already committed to five gigs in five cities in the six days following his Dublin show, it might be a tad optimistic."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any sites similar to Toutless/DoneDeal for France?

Hoping to get tickets to his Paris show.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Any sites similar to Toutless/DoneDeal for France?

Hoping to get tickets to his Paris show.

https://www.ticketswap.ie/

I think someone recommended the above on here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

https://www.ticketswap.ie/

I think someone recommended the above on here before.

Just wait until the week of the gig ,they will be going for less than face value on the resale sites .
    Its always the way with gigs in France.
    The Foo Fighters were playing there recently and you could get standing tickets for 25 euro ,U2 was 30 euro for standing .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

As far as I'm aware Kendrick Lamar is not doing second dates anywhere, even on the North American tour where tickets sold out just as quick. It's crazy to think Dublin would be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I only just realised how ****ing insane the fees are on Seatwave. I went to see how easy it is to list a ticket and saw they charge the seller a 10% "Success Fee" + VAT of 20% of that. They also then charge the buyer of a ticket about a 20% "Booking Fee" which the buyer pays. So if a ticket is listed at €100 the buyer actually pays about €120 and the seller gets €88. They get €32 for doing literally nothing.

Also when you go to list a ticket for an event it shows how many tickets have sold for it already and for how much. Only 10 standing tickets have actually sold for Kendrick at an average of €175 & 13 seating for about €120.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

/Mod
    Just tidied this thread up. Bans from here on. If you don't like someone fair enough make your point but don't blab on about it.

Advertisement