Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendrick Lamar 3 Arena 7th February 2018

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Can you bring drink to the seated area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I rather pay the extra 25 euro for gold circle then be stuck standing,could image all the 14 year old hammered

I have a hunch U2 are going to make an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

CWF wrote: »
    I have a hunch U2 are going to make an appearance

Not a chance id say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Ive a free standing ticket available, fire me a pm if you want it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

phatkev wrote: »
    Ive a free standing ticket available, fire me a pm if you want it

Ticket is gone

★ KENDRICK LAMAR STAGE TIMES ★
    - 7:15: James Blake
    - 8:30: Kendrick Lamar

@TicketmasterIre @3arenadublin https://t.co/NMxW2MOdXf

Jesus that was sicker than a small hospital. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

How was James Blake?

How was James Blake?

Better than expected... Very massive attack or something

• Advertisement

13000 Irish people siginging humble, even he wasn't expecting that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I'm blown away. He was blown away. Worth all the grief of trying to get tickets. Kung Fu mother****ing Kenny!

EDIT:
    Now I've returned to earth (what happens on earth, stays on earth), a few nits to pick.

1. James Blake before hand? Really didn't get it. Too arty for me maybe? Not the best before a balls out, pure raw energy show.
    2. The mic for pride. Couldn't hear K Dot at all, for one of my fave songs. You could see on his face too on the big screen he thought it was off or something.
    3. Olé Olé Olé. What's the point of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

evil_seed wrote: »
    I'm blown away. He was blown away. Worth all the grief of trying to get tickets. Kung Fu mother****ing Kenny!

EDIT:
    Now I've returned to earth (what happens on earth, stays on earth), a few nits to pick.

1. James Blake before hand? Really didn't get it. Too arty for me maybe? Not the best before a balls out, pure raw energy show.
    2. The mic for pride. Couldn't hear K Dot at all, for one of my fave songs. You could see on his face too on the big screen he thought it was off or something.
    3. Olé Olé Olé. What's the point of this?

I agree verbatim with your three points. I like James Blake a lot, but it wasn't really the right fit. He could have even have done some more rap hits and beats (he's collaborated on tracks with Kendrick, RZA and others before), just seems like a bit of a misestimation.

Kendricks mic was having a couple of issues on certain tracks, most notably in the songs that didn't have backing rap tracks (very noticeable on Pride).

All that said - Amazing gig. I was pleasantly surprised at how up for it the crowd was. I was worried there would be a lot of locked kids/posers but the crowd for the most part just seemed to be delighted to be there! Acapella HUMBLE, Faked intro into King Kunta and Money Trees in the cage were highlights for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Great gig. I did feel mortified when the crowd went into a third Ole Ole. It was great to get to see the first show on the tour and watching him take it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I thought it was incredible, the whole set up was very cool, especially the video fill in's between changing set design. It's only a small thing but my favourite bit was that he performed the remixed verses on BDKMV, they're more energetic and lended itself well to the atmosphere there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

great night. I like James Blake and enjoyed his set but I'd agree he's a strange choice of support. I suppose Kendrick is all about bucking the trend though.

Highlights of Kendrick for me was that crazy samurai for DNA, Humble singalong, Kunta, Swimming Pools, Alright. i don't think his slower numbers have the same power in a live setting. Special props to the slick tasty drumming of the live band drummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Was up in seating, live band just drowned everything out sound was horrendous. Backseat freestyle is a banger and was like there was no bass. Great gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Was up in seating, live band just drowned everything out sound was horrendous. Backseat freestyle is a banger and was like there was no bass. Great gig though

In seating too, fully agree with the above on both points!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

I would have liked to been able to see the live band.

Bar when the mic went, sound was good down where I was standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Was looking at some videos my friend took from the standing area. Didnt realise the big screen was still playing when it was over his head, it looked really cool but wasnt visable from where
    I was at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

Was great, had feared it was going to be big opening with DNA and then downhill...but it was really compelling the whole way through.. 5 star review in guardian. I was at the back of standing area with the head nodders, kids were up front in a big sweaty mess. Worked on both levels. Transition from xxx to maad city was fantastic, was hoping to hear kings dead.

Advertisement