Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband 50104 texts not working?

Options
  • 02-10-2017 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Hello, I have a Meteor MBB modem on a Meteor prepay sim. Since the switch from Meteor to eir, texts to 50104 no longer work.

Texting 'offer' or 'MBB balance' doesn't work, it comes up as an error and the texts are not sending. I've tried the sim in other 'sim free' devices and get the same result. It worked fine prior to the Meteor/eir switch. The internet connection on the sim is working OK . The sim receives texts OK.

I see from other posts here that some other people are having some issues with texting 50104. Can you look into it please, as when my current pass expires, I'll be unable to text 50104 to activate another one?

Thank you.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Buffman wrote: »
    Hello, I have a Meteor MBB modem on a Meteor prepay sim. Since the switch from Meteor to eir, texts to 50104 no longer work.

Texting 'offer' or 'MBB balance' doesn't work, it comes up as an error and the texts are not sending. I've tried the sim in other 'sim free' devices and get the same result. It worked fine prior to the Meteor/eir switch. The internet connection on the sim is working OK . The sim receives texts OK.

I see from other posts here that some other people are having some issues with texting 50104. Can you look into it please, as when my current pass expires, I'll be unable to text 50104 to activate another one?

Thank you.
    Hi Buffman, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your service. Feel free to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement